Wednesday 17 February 2016

Spoiled To The Bone



I don't think I am exactly "Bad to the Bone", but I surely might be "Spoiled to the Bone" ...... as after I got the roses from my wonderful husband, Rob, last Thursday ....

.... he had came back later in the day with this lovely ring set for me !!!!  Yes, I was not only surprised but quite taken back as well.


A number of years ago I had lost the diamond out of my engagement ring Rob had first bought me when we had became engaged about 21 years ago.  How very thoughtful and touching he bought me a whole new set rather then replace the diamond.  He does have good taste, and I do like that it is both white and yellow gold.  Once again, thanks Honey, and I really hope you enjoy yourself on the ice fishing trip you will soon be going on !!!!

Last Friday I had spent the whole day and evening on the couch as there is apparently some kind of "bug" going around, and I am thinking with the stomach pains I was having I must have gotten a bit of it.  No worries though as by Saturday I was much better.

Sunday Rob and I decided we would make a trip down to Costco in Kitchener to pickup a few things we needed.  Our drive didn't start out so great as it was -25 *C and our van heater lines had been frozen up. Thank goodness the Canadian Tire had been open at 9 am in Hanover as we stopped to get some Methyl Hydrate in the rad overflow which thawed the lines out almost immediately.  Thank goodness as we were almost perished with the cold !!!!  Trust me from Hanover on the trip was much more pleasant.

The kids met us at Costco, so we had a wee bit of a visit with them.  The Grandkids were in their glory as they LOVE going around to all the areas were there were samples being offered.  I have to admit I also enjoyed a couple of food samples myself.

I have gotten out twice so far this week for a walk.  I would like to get out everyday, but some days it isn't always possible so I make the best of what I have.  It is nice to have a friend to walk with, and I would much rather go with friend then walk by myself. Thanks Sharon.

Once the nice weather arrives again I might start walking early mornings with one of the dogs to get some more walking time in, and hopefully start getting some of this excess weight I have put on, off.

I have also been readjusting to my medication levels, plus enjoying getting some good night's sleep most evenings.  What a change going from sleeping only 2 hours per night to almost a full 7 hours !  yes I am loving this aspect of my life for sure.  I am also going to counselling each week, hoping to start on some Cognitive Behaviour Therapy soon, and in March I begin the trauma counselling, which will be very emotional.  I am hoping by the time I begin the trauma counselling my sleep patterns are solid, my emotions are in better "check", and I am feeling stronger so I can deal more effectively what is ahead of me.  

All good thoughts which have been sent my way do not go unappreciated.  I can not say "Thank YOU" enough.

I think that about sums up about what I have been up to a bit the past week, even though I am "spoiled to the bone" here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.


4 comments:

  1. The fact that you're sleeping better is very, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a nice hubby! And glad you're getting more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Rob:) Very pretty Cindy~
    Glad to hear your sleeping better and
    good for you that your still walking!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely!! What a lucky girl you are!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...