Monday 15 December 2014

Family Christmas Luncheon

I had the worse night of sleep again last night with no help from our Aussies again with Lexus needing out at 4:30 am.  Poor girl.  I tossed and turned all night thinking about stuff I should have filed forever never to return to my mind.  Why does the past come back to haunt one in the wee hours of the night? it is beyond me.

The morning went fast before I had to leave to pick up my neighbour Pari at 10:30 am, as we were heading down to Southampton to meet up with a couple of my Aunts and Cousins for a Christmas Lunch get together.

We arrived at the Walker House to meet at 11:30 am.  There had been 11 of us. Myself, Pari, my sister, Jeanne, her daughter, Joanne, Cousins Krista, Vi, Marlene, Suzanne, Peggy, and Aunts Gladys & Shirley.  It was great to see everyone, however when you have such a large group at a table it is very difficult to really visit much with everyone.

I had been down at the end with Pari, Krista, Joanne and Aunt Gladys.  There was no lack of chatter at any part of the table ... it was all good.

Lunch? totally amazing.  The "specials" were Fish & Chips, Hot Turkey, and Vegetable Lasagna w/ Caesar Salad.  I choose the latter.

Three of the Lunch choices at our table.  Stacked Vegetable Salad w/ Asiago Cheese & a reduced Balsamic Vinegar, Vegetable Lasagna, & Grilled Shrimp with Soup.


Truly the meals were "top notch" delicious with amazing portion sizes for the prices.  Curious about the full menu at the Walker House check it out HERE.

By the time we finished up, I drove back to Wiarton to drop Pari off at her home, I had made it to my 2 pm meeting just in time.  That was over by 3:30 pm.  I was tired and happy to get back home.

Dinner tonight?  I had half of my Lasagna leftover I had brought home, and Rob had his leftover Turkey which he loves so much.  Easy peasy as one-two-three, just the way I like it.

I am exhausted with another full day ahead of me tomorrow.  The "Voice" is getting down to the nitty gritty of eliminations, and that is what I will be watching tonight at 8 pm here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

(DISCLOSURE:  The opinions within my daily journal in the form of these Blog Posts are my own and NOT affiliated with any group I might belong to or anyone else's opinions).

2 comments:

  1. It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth. I know how you feel! Hope your day cheered you up :)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...