Tuesday 30 December 2014

A Good Sweat

Today was a better day for me, even though sleep wasn't at a premium last night it had still been better then usual.

This morning I got a little paperwork done, took Rob to an appointment with the Dietitian, dropped into the Chamber Office then returned home before lunch time.

I called Sears as well to find that our new Washing Machine was in the Owen Sound store and ready to be picked up.  Now to find the time to get in to do so

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, and hopefully it isn't storming, with Rob usually busy with the Cabs.  My fingers are crossed the weather holds and he has a good night out.

I also called and got an appointment for an Ultra Sound in the New Year, and will phone back tomorrow to get a CT Scan appointment booked.  These things take time.

Yesterday Rob had stripped some old flooring he had down in the part of the basement where the washer and dryer are located.  Our basement is not finished with cement floors throughout.  The part where the washer and dryer are located there had been a piece of flooring laid down, which he ripped up then gave the cement floor a good scrubbing with Bleach.  Today I had given it three more good scrubbings working up a good sweat doing so.  At my age it doesn't take manual labour to work up a  sweat.

Trust me the water had been changed after a swipe across the floor had been made each time with the mop.  The top photos are the "before", and the below ones are the "after".  I will do it one more time with a vinegar wash before it is painted with cement paint to seal it again.  Might as well get 'r done before the new washer and dryer set are put in place.


I also dealt with, more then I had cared to, spiders and cobwebs as well  I have a difficult time keeping up with the top part of the house, never mind the bottom part anymore.  I recall a time when it took me no time to get at a job, lately it takes much thought some days then others.

The puppies are starting to move around much more now, and by the end of this week their little eyes should be opening.  This is when trouble and more cuteness begins to start happening.  It is amazing how much change there is in them from one day to the next, and after a whole week drastic changes take place !

I have lots more work to get another one or two good sweats on tomorrow.  The spare beds need made up for when the kids arrive this weekend, and at some point this week I need to make a Carrot Cake  I have my fingers crossed for the weather to be good as I would hate for them not to be able to come.  I would be terribly disappointed.

Winter has finally arrived in Wiarton with snow squalls on and off the majority of this afternoon.  I cannot say I am particularly happy about it arriving, but I will be more happy should the Winter not come close to what it was last Year.  It will be what it will be and I will not have any power to change it, or anyone else for that matter.

I had been thinking of a young couple who were having their moving day today up to Bruce County, not too far from South of the Checkerboard.  I am hoping everything went smoothly for first time homeowners, Steve and his family, as moving in itself is quite the challenge without having to deal with nasty weather.  Good luck to them this day and to many more days ahead.

Rob had to go out today, and should be returning home shortly.  I made myself a Diner of French Toast already, and have no idea if he has eaten yet or not.  Guess I will be finding out sooner then later.

Today was a day with a few things accomplished, and that is always a good feeling for me, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, tomorrow will be a long one for cabbies. French toast sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...