Sunday 2 November 2014

See You In The Springtime !

How did everyone make out with that Daylight Savings time Fall Back?

I didn't do worth a diddly squat, but then my sleeping patterns are never the best on a good day.  Someone forgot to clue our Aussies in, as their internal clocks never went back an hour.  It will take a bit, but eventually will sort itself out.

I was out the door first thing this morning taking a Tim Hortons coffee up to my Mother.  She seemed a bit under the weather today with a bit of a cold or something.  She had told me she hadn't been feeling well for the past three days.  There is a bit of sniffles going around with all the rain and cold we had last week.

Regardless we had a nice little visit.  I will be going back soon as she needs some new batteries in her one decorative light.

Mom had also asked me to get her another Motion Lamp, as the one I had gotten her a year ago was not working anymore.  Should anyone know where I can purchase one at a very reasonable please do let me know.  I realize Ebay has some but I am not willing to pay those prices, nor the cost of shipping and duty from the States.  Also it does not have to be a Vintage Motion Lamp, even though that would be lovely.

This is what a Motion Lamp looks like, with various scenes or animations.  My Great Aunt Lizzie had one that was a train ... it appeared the train was moving with smoke coming from its stack..  I had love that lamp as a child, and always had attached good memories for me to it.


I  have been having a difficult time when I have been leaving the house in the mornings lately as ...

.... I keep forgetting there is frost on my Van windows, as well as frozen Maple leaves stuck on them, that require cleaning off before I go anywhere.  I suppose a bit of beautiful frost is much easier to take then three foot of snow.


After my visit with Mother I did a bit of running around with some errands I had to do, such as pick up a couple of cards, go to the Wiarton Home Building Centre for a new mop and some mice traps/bait, you know the usual type of things, which also included a bank deposit.  Oh yes I did check my Lottery Tickets, but of course that was another "BUST" as usual.

I did manage to get a load of laundry out on the line today, even though I had to finish it off late this afternoon for a wee bit in the dryer.

It was a perfect day for the RV to head on down the road .... "see you in the Springtime" !

I followed Rob down to where we are storing it.  I couldn't leave Rob in Storage until Springtime, I NEED him around.


All nice safe & sound from the Winter ahead she is now.  Our Crabby Cabbie John was also storing their 5th Wheel Trailer, however not the one pictured beside ours, even though I am certain he wished it was ... quite the beauty is it not?


By the time we got back home it had been after 4 pm.  The laundry had to come in, a bit of Dinner had to be had, Aussies needed out and back in ... geesh then it was DARK !!  Never mind us feeling tired.

On that note I believe I will call it a day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of motion lamps.

    I'm usually in bed anyway when the dawn comes, so I didn't notice the difference until earlier when the sun was going down an hour earlier than usual. Then it really hits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a glorious day of sunshine around here yesterday, I so enjoyed it, until of course it was dark by 5:30pm - YUCK!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...