Sunday 30 November 2014

Not Mock Duck But ...

I don`t remember falling asleep last night, however I do recall Rob coming in sometime through the night before I woke up at 5 am for the day ahead.

I finally got a handle on the laundry today, if nothing else.  I could not believe how mild it has gotten, actually thinking if there hadn`t been a drizzle I could have hung the laundry on the line with the light breeze and mild temperatures today.

I also made a quick trip to town to the grocery store to pickup a few necessities.

I am not certain if I am going to put up much in the way of Christmas decor this years since it will only be Rob and I again.  Maybe just a couple of things to remind us to be in a bit of a festive mood.

I did get out the Snowman Globe which can stay out all Winter long.  I like it`s light and glitter.


This afternoon I got most of the invoicing done for the Crabby Cabbie with only a couple more to do up tomorrow sometime.  I even managed to throw together a half descent meal for Rob and myself this evening.  It was not Mock Duck but ....

.... it was Mock Shepherd`s pie made with Ground Moose Meat.  I browned the moose with onion, adding garlic, Worcestershire & Soya Sauces, then Peas as well as a Knorr Beef Stock Pot.  I then added a bit of boiled water and thickened it with some gravey mix.  Served over mashed potatoes it was a hearty dinner with lots of flavour.


Almost right after we were finished our Dinner Rob got a call to go to Owen Sound.  I went along for the ride, with us just returning home shortly before I began my daily blog entry.

It is still quite mild and rainy out.  I am okay with that as long as it does not decide to flash freeze anytime soon.  That would be a disaster.

I got a follow-up call from Apple this evening to see if I had received the new iphone 5s they replaced for me, since the one I got in January had been giving me much grief.  I had been assured the person who has been helping me all along is the highest level of Customer Service I could possibly receive from Apple, and truly the service has been beyond excellent !  I am very satisfied with Apple and their standing behind their products.

I do so have yet another busy day ahead of me tomorrow, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. That altered shepherd's pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the mild weather but tomorrow it's back down to 0c. I'm still using my trusty 4s iPhone and hope it'll last one more year when I'll be eligible for a free upgrade.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...