Wednesday 12 November 2014

Guess I Should Have

.... wrote it down.  I had this great thought of what part of my blog was going to say for me earlier today, and it just ain't happening as I guess I should have wrote it down.  This happens quite frequently.  I remember this happening when I was in my 20's with fears of how I would be when I got older.

Guess what? older is here, and it ain't much better.

Never mind all that, I was happy today with what I got done, not what I didn't accomplish.  I even said "the heck with it all" and met up with the WDCC office manager to discuss Chamber Business over a coffee at Timmies, rather then over email, phone or in the office.  The break away from the hectic "norm" probably did us both good, even though it had been only for a mere 1/2 hour.

I even covered more of the Wiarton Santa Claus Parade ... bonus !

Rob & I had some errands in town this morning, then we headed out towards Oxeden way to have our Crabby Cabbie Vehicles Winter Serviced.

There were a few squalls on the way out to where we were getting our vehicles undercoated with oil, and Winter tires installed.  Stephens Auto Wreckers did a great job on the undercoating, a must do with the amount of salt put on our roads in the Winter months.  Back in town we were pretty surprised to see motorcycles out and about, and yes those are very large snowflakes in the photo.


We have had a bit more ill fortune in the way of a vehicle problem.  A bigger vehicle ...

When we had arrived home McArthur Tire of Owen Sound had just arrived before us, the service call we had arranged yesterday.  Yes tractor tires are NOT cheap to replace by the time you purchase the tire, tube, calcium to fill it, labour and service call.  Hopefully the other side will see us for a bit yet before it goes, as it is a huge expense I cringed at.


The tractor is a necessity with the size of our driveway and the harshness of our Winters, especially if we have more ahead like last Year.  *Sigh* what more is there to say on that subject ...

I had a Pork Tenderloin I had wanted to cook Yesterday, which never happened.  I was tickled pink I had time, or made time, to cook it today, and more so tickled pink I was actually cooking us a "normal" meal for a change (something I used to do in my past Life for those who know me.  Past Life as in maybe a Year ago? or less).

I made a simple Rosemary-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Maple Butternut Squash and Basmati  Rice.  Dinner was terrific !!!  with Rob and I both ecstatic with what a great Dinner we had.  


Recipes please?  

The Rosemary-Crusted Pork Tenderloin recipe may be found by *clicking* HERE.

The Maple Butternut Squash I was inspired by the recipe I had found HERE, with me steaming & mashing it then adding Maple Syrup and Butter (Rob doesn't like squash and loved it, hence the Maple Syrup paying off).  For the amount of Squash I had steamed I had only added 1 Tbsp each of Butter & Maple Syrup making it "just right".

Believe it or not I am exhausted.  Me? I believe it.  Mistakes, grammar? so *sad* too *bad* .. *smile*.

On that note I will call my day almost a wrap, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. Mike and Morgan were at Don's yesterday helping him fix the tire on his tractor. What a job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed anyone's still out in this weather with motorbikes. They should have been stored for the season at the end of October.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...