Thursday 13 November 2014

Emotional Day

This morning Rob and I headed South towards Kitchener.  We first stopped in Clifford where we met up with my Aunt Gladys who travelled at that point along with us.

Today we congregated with Family and Friends of my nephew, Chadwick Wilson Masterson.  My niece, his sister Stacey, had done a beyond amazing tribute to Chad with photo collegages, photo albums and a DVD of photos playing.

The Chapel Service was beyond touching with a heartfelt euology by Stacey.

Yes Chad was vibrant in Life, witty, funny and a hard worker.  Addiction extinguished his "spark", but will never extinguish the good memories of those who knew and loved him, holding these same memories for their Lifetime(s).

Rest in Peace now Dear Nephew as you have touched my life with many good memories.  You were loved by many whose lives you touched at one time or another in your short life.

Chadwick Wilson Masterson
September 30th, 1974 ~ November 7th, 2014


The end of the Service Chad would have him smiling down from Heaven with the Song his family choose knowing he would have loved it ...


It had been an emotional day.  I pray I never have to experience what my Brother, Chad's Mother and  his siblings had to today with saying their final good-byes to someone they hold fast in their Hearts.

The Minister reminded us how short Life is, how certain death is, and to put materials aside with reminders also to say, "I forgive", "I am sorry", "Please forgive me", and many times, "I love You".  

I hope I have practiced these same reminders many times throughout my Life.  I can not tell the people in my Life how much I love them enough.

This is all she wrote, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

6 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking for you.......such a sad sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sad time for your family. I've thought a number of times since you've mentioned his passing about two nephews, both taken before their time. It's going to stay with you for good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences. Especially hard in these circumstances when we lose someone too early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry about your loss! He was so young! Lots and lots of hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry Cindy. Addiction is a terrible thing and can tear families apart. I'm so glad you're all pulling together at such a sad time. My thoughts are with you today. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to you and your Family today. I love that they chose a song that they felt described your nephew. Bless you Love to you and Sissy L.C.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...