Tuesday 11 November 2014

Crazy Busy

A crazy busy day for both Rob & I, but then again I can't remember the last time we haven't had one that wasn't.  We certainly could use a huge lottery win fall to come our way so we could take a much much needed Holiday.

Never mind a holiday, Rob and I never had a Honeymoon, however we have gone camping and we both loved camping and fishing, and still do given the time.

Pisces are dreamers, so I will keep dreaming ...


This weather has set both Rob & I back today in the pain/headaches, and can you believe there is a Snow Squall Watch in effect for us !!!  

Snow Squall watch

Issued at 3:22 p.m. EST Tuesday 11 November 2014
Summary
An Arctic cold front will sweep through Southern Ontario tonight. In the wake of this front, cold air and strong westerly winds over the open waters of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay will result in the development of snow squalls Wednesday morning through Thursday. The heaviest squalls could produce snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm per 12 hours along with reduced visibilities.
Details
Snow squalls cause weather conditions to vary considerably, changes from clear skies to heavy snow within just a few kilometres are common. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, ,edicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight. For information on emergency plans and kits go to http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/ Snow Squall Watches are issued when conditions are favourable for the formation of bands of snow that could produce intense accumulating snow or near zero visibilities. Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag 

Crazy, crazy, crazy, and I am so NOT ready for this !!!  however our personal vehicle had been undercoated with oil today, and our one Crabby Cabbie vehicle had been dropped off for the same, along with Snow Tires to go on it.  Our personal vehicle already has snows on it thank goodness.

Check out these great Winter Driving Tips by *clicking* HERE.

Today there had been another Santa Claus Parade meeting.  I think we have pretty much gotten a handle on things (I hope), with a few loose ends still to go.  We even had one of my neighbours call to donate a tree for the Berford Street Parkette where Santa will be handing out candy, taking requests and dreams from the children.  We are looking for Volunteers to help out that evening, so if anybody knows anybody who would LOVE to volunteer a couple hours on the 7th of December in the evening, please contact Wenda at the Painted Turtle & Balloon Headquarters in Wiarton at 519-534-4536, telling her I sent you... *smile*, and believe me we would appreciate it !!!

Rob is still out on calls.  Dinner? a grilled cheese sandwich and a handful of grapes for me, and hopefully the same for him along with a salad when he gets home.

Do I have a Life anymore? of course I do, just not as organized as it used to be ... maybe a 1 1/2 ago ????   

I am going to call it a wrap before my eyeballs come out of my head looking at this laptop screen, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently we're not going to get hit by the snow in other parts of the province.... but we're due for a temperature plummet on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...