Thursday 11 September 2014

Thirteen Years Gone By

Thirteen years gone by since the tragedy of 9-11.  For some that day along with its horrific happenings will never leave their mind until the day they die.

The Tribute Commercial made by Budweisser is truly a heartfelt beautiful tribute that brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.


Prayers to the survivors and to the families whose loved ones did not survive.  God Bless Our Friends and Family Members to the South of us.

Last evening I laid awake listening to the wind and torrents of rain until the grey of the morning light bleakly appeared outside our windows.  Again another long day I found it in fatigue, however it still went fast now I sit here typing to realize it is going on to 7 pm already.

This morning I had a bit of time to putter by getting a few dishes done up, updating the Business facebook pages, then trying to take care of a fruit fly infestation again this Year.

I prepared the "trap" while Portia looked on patiently wondering what I was up to.  It didn't take long to work, but there is still quite a few, actually more then quite a few, still to be captured.


Not long after the very patient Portia was loaded up into the Van to go pickup Shea Lynn to keep us company while we headed on down to the Mildmay Vet Clinic for Portia's 2nd set of shots.  Portia had been very happy to meet a new setter at the clinic.


Portia has double her weight from when she was 7 weeks old, now at 12 weeks old she is 16 lbs.  She absolutely loved Dr. Kim showering her with kisses.  A little yelp from her when she got her shot but other then that she was priceless the whole time.


We had left Wiarton just before Noon hour not returning until after 3 pm.  By the time we got home everyone else needed out, and for some reason I was ravishing even though I had a sandwich before I had left.  

Dinner for me had been another Salmon Sandwich, 1 cup of Cottage Cheese and 2 granola bars.  

After I had polished off my food I had to go downtown to pickup the prescription for my nasty prickly itching hives on my head and go to the bank.  Rob never got home until about 6 pm or so.  Dinner for Rob was 2 fried egg sandwiches and a sliced tomato.  Eating on the run again.

I had also had to make a phone call to Revenue Canada as they had sent the wrong forms out for the 2nd quarter for HST.  Geesh you know how long those phone calls take, right????  I also managed to clear off a lot of paperwork I had sitting on our diningroom table.  Always lots of papers that drive me MAD !!!  more to do in the next couple of weeks.


Poor little Portia has been flavouring her let where she had the shot, holding it up and walking on three legs.  I hope she will begin putting weight on it tomorrow.

Rob won't be back home until at least 8:30 this evening.  I am going to shower, take Bandit and Portia out, then put up my feet to relax somewhat, or try to, the remainder of the evening, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy! Long time. So sorry and it's great to see how you're doing. I'll never forget that morning thirteen years ago. I was living and working in London and we all stood around the TV in reception watching in disbelief. It was surreal. The world will never be the same again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Budweiser commercials ! Lovely quilt gona need that soon it is darn chilly now ! Glad all went well at the vets ! 13 years ago WOW ! still hits us all to this day ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What all is in your fruit fly trap Cindy? Seems like everyday I'm trying to kill a few of those little buggers but they manage to escape! Portia is SOOO cute - she reminds me of the dog I had growing up, part shepherd and part something else as she was only a medium-sized dog.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...