Wednesday 3 September 2014

Slow & Steady

Let's see ... I was awoke abruptly in the middle of the night catching myself from falling onto the floor, as it seemed someone was pushing me out from our bed... not to mention any names, ROB !!!  Oh my good thing I woke up as I was almost going over the side or that could have hurt.

Conveniently Rob was asleep so could not admit to any blame for my "close call".

Today I was feeling more pain then I had yesterday.  I am thinking it is all the gases trying to escape my body, and other regular movements of my body not working yet because of pain killers from the day before.  I have managed to put up with it all and not take any pain meds.  I have been eating Bran Buds for breakfast and fruit as snacks, as well as lean meat for Dinner the past two evenings, thanks to Rob cooking for us.

Last night a Turkey Burger and this evening Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breasts.  Very very yummy meals.


Thanks to my friends, Pam & Randy Jacobs, I was gifted a box of no longer needed by Randy Cookbooks.  They have been keep my mind occupied while I "take it easy", something I do not care to do as being on the move would be more my style and much better for my body.

A couple that caught my attention right away.  The funny part about this all is who would have thought I would have had some of Randy's Mom's cookbooks all these years later.  Funny how life has its twists and turns, does it not?  Randy's sister, Monique and I had been good friends growing up in Grade School.


Since Peaches are "in season" I thought I would share this recipe from the Laura Secord Canadian Cookbook, it being very appropriate of the Season.  And Elmira?  I worked at the Elmira Foodland store as Deli Manager for 3 years before moving up to Bruce Peninsula.


First thing this morning my darling husband grasped the beautiful day we were having to install the new window we had purchased months ago.

So began more mess in an already messy house from the aftermath of having two small boys for a week, and four more added, plus one more dog on the weekend.  The bottom photo shows the new window awaiting new trim that will be the next step for Rob to work on.  Good job Honey, and very much appreciated..... THANK YOU !!! it will be nice and warm this coming Winter with the single pane window now replaced with this brand new state of the art Window.


There is nothing worse then having to take it easy on day two recovery from Gall Bladder surgery then having to look at the mess mounting around one's self.  Self control and patience must be the lesson here I am thinking, short of embarrassment should someone arrive at my doorstep with my house in such despair.

My sister and brother-in-law came to visit for a short while this afternoon.  It was nice, however I couldn't get up to really wait on them much to make them a hot beverage or something to nibble on.  Hopefully they understood, as they never stayed too long.

I don't know what made me to decide to change the kitchen calendar over this morning to the new month of September, but good thing I had at 10:55, as marked in "red" was a Doctor's appointment for Rob at 11:30.

Phew saved by the turning over of a month !!!  and he made it to his appointment in good time.

Rob had his blood work he had done last month reviewed.  Rob has gotten more close to borderline Diabetic then anyone would want to be, and his cholesterol is still high, even with medication.  Next plan of action?  diet and exercise.  Slow and steady forward with both.

Walking at least for 20 minutes per day & less protein and carbs, with more veggies and fruits.  Let's see how this goes "slow & steady" ahead.

Rob's hips have also been giving him much grief, full of arthritis I am certain from the motorcycle accident he had at 19 years of age when a car hit him.  The doctor has ordered x-rays so we should learn more after those have been reviewed.  One thing at a time ... slow and steady.

After Dinner we took little Portia for a very short walk down to Bluewater Park.  I am to walk small amounts and rest in-between throughout the day, no lifting or pushing.

Portia was well doggie socialized this evening with one Setter, a Pappilon, a Newfoundland Dog, and a very bossy poodle.  She did quite well with all four.


I can not stress enough to our new puppy owners to socialize, socialize, socialize !!!  they can never get enough with new experiences of meeting new people, dogs and situations.

Rob is patiently waiting for me to head out to the RV with him, as we are "pretending" we are away every evening by watching a DVD out there and sleeping away the night.

All the kind wishes and shared experiences have been more then Welcome.  Thank you to everyone for all your kindness.

Hopefully this evening I will not find myself almost on the floor, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...