Friday 5 September 2014

Ominous Skies

Another 2 am morning for me.  I most certainly hope Mr. Insomnia has NOT came back to claim me as his regular as an early morning date again ... *sigh*.

Last night Rob and I were entertained a bit by Bandit and Portia before we headed off to bed.

The photos tell the story quite well I think, don't you?


Today Rob and I had some errands to run, so off we went late morning done to Southampton to get our Car fuelled up then back up to Wiarton to deposit the "sealed jar" savings into our 52 Week Money Challenge e-savings account.  I also ordered the new recliner chairs for us today.  They should arrive in 10 to 15 days.  Hopefully I will be well healed by then to have given our home a good cleaning by that time.

The skies were ominous at about 1 pm.  The Wiarton Farmer's Market got rained out and had to close earlier then its normal 2 pm closing.  We have had quite the downpours this afternoon and early evening with our hydro flickering on and off.


Sometime after 2 pm our friends, Doug & Vicki arrived in their RV to spend the weekend with us.  I have really been looking forward to this, as Vicki and I always have a great time whatever we end up doing.


Yes poor Rob had to deal with torrents of rain while cooking our Dinner on the BBQ.  Finally the humidity has left us, as earlier it had been stifling. 


Tomorrow?  hopefully Vicki and I can check out the Market over in Oliphant, as I have never been, and there is also a Yard Sale at an acquaintance of mine in Town.  The Weather is suppose to be good for the weekend, so let's keep our fingers, knees and toes crossed it will be.

And hopefully this gal will get herself a good night's sleep this evening, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. We got some of the same weather here around four or so, very dark skies and a downpour with lightning. Then it passed. Now there's dark clouds with the day's end to the west, so there's more to come. I hope it's done by the time I leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting quite tired of the rain! Thank God for a sunny weekend, even with cooler temps! Hope all is well.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...