Friday 19 September 2014

Happy Birthday Mom !

Today was no different then any other day around here other then Rob was first out of bed before I was at 4:50 am, with me following shortly afterwards.  Rob had a customer who had to be in Toronto this morning, so that put them there just about the time the morning "rush hour" was at its worse.

Me?  when am I not every busy.  I have a million and one things piled up waiting for ME to attend to them.  The top of the priority is the past 2 months of bookwork to be entered onto the Crabby Cabbie books .... baaaaaah !  I could cry as here I am behind AGAIN !

No matter as much as the books are priority there wasn't something much more important.

About 10:30 am I was in the kitchen whipping up a cheese and pickle tray, along with a large plate of egg salad sandwiches, as today company was coming to celebrate our Mother's 87th Birthday.

I like having the table set before everyone arrives.  I put the trays on just 5 minutes before my brother, Allan had arrived with Mom.


Not long after Allan, and his wife, Nancy, had arrived with Mother, my sister Jeanne, and her husband, Cecil, had arrived.  Time to have a Birthday Lunch together.  Of course there was cake for Mother after lunch, with the rest of us opting for Apple Pie.

I am pretty sure Mom had a great time coming over for her Birthday Lunch.  


Unfortunately, but fortunately after he had finished eating, Rob was called back out on a call.  The rest of us had a nice visit before they all left around 2 pm.  It had been a good Birthday luncheon.

Right after everyone had arrived, a UPS truck had pulled in delivering our new leather recliner chairs.  Rob had been happy my brother had been here to give him a hand getting them upstairs.

They are most certainly a lot bigger then I had every expected.  Rob really likes his new chair.  And me I can lay right back .... wayyyyy back in them.  Being so new they are very stiff, but I am sure they will be broke in soon enough.


My friend, Judy, who lives in Port Elgin had a book she wanted to lend me, so our driver had picked it up for me today and passed it along to Rob when he had seen him today.  

Not only did I get the loan of a book, I also got a jar of Judy's Homemade Chutney.  Thanks Judy how so very thoughtful of you on both accounts ! xx


It was a pretty good all around day and the weather had been also superb.  Once can not complain about having life just so.

Rob had another call late this afternoon.  This person wasn't having such a great day.  Rob went quite a few miles to pick him up for this person to realize their pay hadn't been deposited into their bank account.  It was decided this person who was going to get a rental car in Owen Sound would be taken there anyway and trusted to pay Rob later.  Not long after Rob had returned home he received a call from this young person saying they were in Wiarton and had the money to pay for his cab fare.

Rob made someones day, and they made ours by being honest.  It is refreshing to know some people are still honourable, appreciative and honest, is it not?

I am happy Mother had a great Birthday Luncheon with 3 of her 4 children, and wish her many many more to come.

Time for this gal to hit the showers then call it a day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you all had a good day indeed. The chairs will take time to get all comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE egg salad sandwiches and pickle trays!!!! Food of the gods! AND YOU HAVE NEW RECLINERS??? (I'm jealous, jealous, jealous.) I would badly like some new living room furniture but don't tell Dave or he'll toss me to the curve.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Cindy's Mom. Wow I could sleep in those fancy chairs:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your mother. Sounds like it was a wonderful family get together. Love the name of your business. :)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...