Saturday 20 September 2014

Changing Up

I believe I got more sleep last night then I have for sometime, but still laid awake most of the wee hours of the morning.  I don't bother getting up anymore (other then to the washroom) as I figure as long as I am laying there my body is resting even though my mind isn't.  

We are going to be looking at changing up our mattress that we purchased in January under the comfort satisfaction guarantee with Sears tomorrow.  I went over to Sears in Owen Sound this morning to check out the Tempur-Pedic mattress, on the referral by Chania of Razmataz.  On checking out the Preference Tempur-Pedic Mattress, that had just came in the Owen Sound store, I found it was firm however gave into the pressure points of weight when I laid on it.  I thought I was going to go through the roof last night between the pressure points in my hips and shoulders.  Rob is having the same issues with his hips.

Rob figures since he picked out the new mattress in January that I should pick out the replacement.  Still he is going back over with me tomorrow as I want him to also try it out also, just so he knows what it feels like prior to us making our last purchase, as it will be our last purchase.

Just a few highlights of an otherwise drab and quite tiring day for both myself and Rob.

Bandit was not too pleased that he was not allowed to be up with Rob on the chair last evening, however finally quit staring Rob down.


I was cold this morning.  Our house was colder then outside was later today.  

Rob got a fire going for me to take the chill out of the house and my bones.  Portia looked on experiencing her first Wood Stove fire.  Yes I am quite comfortable now, and hopefully will not have to wear a pair of socks to bed again tonight.


I am very grateful to my friend, Cathy, who had gifted me the quilt for the couch, as it seems that is where both Bandit and :Portia think they should play at times, right beside where I am sitting.  Portia has tried getting up a couple times only to been shooed right back off.

To watch both of them at times can be very amusing.


While I had been in Owen Sound I had stopped into Food Basics to pick up a nice Cabbage to go along with the Cottage Roll Rob had put in the Crock Pot after I had left.

Cottage Roll that fell apart along with new potatoes, cabbage and carrots really hit the spot for our Dinner this evening.


I was planning on going down to Hepworth this evening from 7 til 9 pm to attend the All Candidates Meeting, however my body is aching from top to bottom.  Really I think it will be best for me to get into my bed and under the blankets to try and ward off the effects of more rain that is to come.

Truly I am upset that I did not go, however I have to listen to my body at times, otherwise it can and will get worse then I will loose more then one day, more then likely end up being two days lost of doing not much of anything.

I have been quite busy the past few days and really needed a day of not doing to much at all, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. an Obus form mattress cover may help those pressure points... I would not got without one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner looks delicious!

    Poor Bandit!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...