Friday 28 March 2014

Pretty Shitty Here & There

I was pleased I got a great night's rest last night being in bed and sleeping by 8:00 pm and sleeping right through until 5 am.  I needed that !  and sure wish that could be a norm for me every night, not the in bed so early part, but the sleeping all night part (smile).

Once again I did not accomplish too much today.  Although I was happy I was well rested since some of my day was pretty shitty in my books (even though I have had much worse happen).

It was pouring Cats & Dogs all morning.  I had to go out this morning and I was soaked to the butt, never mind how careful one had to tread with all the ice and slushiness going on.


Today was far from a total write-off kind of shitty day as I did score some good deals down at the local Foodland store this morning.  One of the salads I had picked up at been my favourite with Raspberry Poppyseed Dressing.  Oh yum.


The really shitty part of the day was to realize the water was backing up into our basement.  Rob thankfully had come home, getting the shop vac hooked up and sitting in the laundry tub, to suck up and drain.  To add insult to injury out of the two dehumidifiers we have neither one works (just our luck).  


At the same time the water backup was going on we also got a phone call from a person who wanted to come see one of our 1 year old pups we are re-homing.  As the saying goes, "if it doesn't rain it pours" !!!   No worries it all got done.

We weren't the only ones that were having a shitty day today too, as ....

Downtown Wiarton was obviously having some water issues.  Not a great thing to be happening for the stores & shops on a Friday afternoon, but what else was there to do?  The bonus is there is lots of parking behind the stores.


We were speculating there might be problems with all this snow we still have, and a "flash" thaw with high temps and rain.  Still this is nothing compared to World disasters, so my shitty days in comparison are very minute.

A friend sent me a link concerning Migraines and Cayenne Pepper, which I thought I would share (just copy & paste the following link into your browser, or highlight, right click and select "go to"):

http://www.cayennepepper.info/cayenne-pepper-and-migraines.html

I am not to certain about trying this yet until I get my stomach issues, if any, resolved.  She said not to start with a whole tsp. a day but work up to it a little bit at a time.  She also takes a tsp. of Ginger a day as well.  How to take it? she dilutes it in warm water with lemon, or in a glass of juice.  Thanks for the tips Holly, I am open to trying anything and will give it a shot after I find out what is going on with my Gall Bladder issues.

It doesn't matter how much you spoil them, they still give you a little "lip" from time to time, then act coy, and then have the nerve to laugh at you.  *shaking head*


Despite the few shitty moments this day brought, there were lots of good ones in it too, and that I am thankful for, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

4 comments:

  1. Hope they can get to the bottom of your gallbladder issue - but yes - Do NOT take ginger until resolved - as ginger stimulates bile secretion. I too suffered terribly with that.... tell them you want it out - it is now a very simple procedure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a rotten day, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, sorry about your basement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having some flooding too...hey ho...that's life!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...