Sunday 13 October 2013

Still Giving Thanks ...


.... and all in but for my shirt-tail.  It was another very busy day.
 
Once everyone was up and breakfast was out of the way, we all headed out the door by 9:15 as we were off to the 3rd Annual "Open House" at Dejong Acres Farm. 
 
The kids, both big and small, loved the laying chickens, Indian Runner Duck (she lost her partner & is seeking a new one), all wanted the Lop-Earred Bunny & gave belly runs to the Maremma (one of 14 who guard the Sheep). 

 
While everyone else was off to see the pups and sheep, I snuck into the Farm Store to have myself some time with Anita Dejong and check out all the fresh farm produce, and dry goods.  It is never a disappointment walking through the doors to see all the "goods". 
 

Rob had been out on a "call", catching up with the rest of us just before we were leaving.  We left him behind so he could have some chit chat farmer to farmer with Brian Dejong. 


Looking for some lamb, chicken, turkey, Maple Syrup, Honey or farm fresh eggs?  please contact Dejong Acres Farm anytime, as either Anita or Brian would love to help you out.  Just *click* HERE to do so.

We made our way back home to head straight out into our own garden.

There was a couple of Pie Pumpkins to be gotten for Liz to try her hand at when back at their home.  Yes the garden also has big fat dew worms too ! 


Next on the day's agenda was lunch of course.  Snacky goodness with a cheese ball, cheese/crackers, grapes, and watermelon.  Some had "huge" pieces of dessert leftover from last night. 


Bandit even got in on a bit of loving and some "treats" from Paul. 


It was well after lunchtime by the time Paul, Liz and the kids were packed up and heading South towards their home.  Rob had another call which gave me time to do some cleaning up before we headed out the door ourselves.

We met up with my friend, Toni with an "I", and her hubby, Bob.  I had a couple of things for Toni, and she a couple things for I.  We had a great visit, realizing each of us were as tired as the other.  Nice to know we are never alone, is it not?  When we got home I  found out a treat had been left out on the side deck for us.  Thanks Auntie for the Homemade Nuts & Bolts, you are the best !!!  xx 


Rob and I got back home late afternoon.  I was wishing I could  have just headed off to my bed at that point, however that was not to be since I still had one more big job on my agenda to be done this day.

I have some "New Guinea Pigs" I want to try a new recipe out on, so I had to get this Pumpkin Cake made today !  Dry meets wet alternately with milk.  Into a 350*F Oven for approximately 1 1/2 hours until tester comes out dry.

 
The Pumpkin Cake was cooling on the counter while Rob and I slipped downtown to do some banking and drop into Foodland for some Cream Cheese Icing, as I am way too tired to even think about doing up my own this evening.
 
Recipe please?  for a PRINTABLE Recipe *click* HERE.
 
Good thing we picked up the icing and I did not end up making it, as we were almost home coming around our bend when I had myself a little Asthma attack.  Rob got pulled over to the side of the road to let me out to get some air while he found my ventilator in the bottom of my purse.  I am certainly glad I had it with me.
 
My Rob was kind enough to do the Aussie's final Out & About for this evening, while I took the time to get my breathe back and finish up this here post. 

Before I sign-off for the evening I thought I would share some "park fun" from last evening we had down in Wiarton's beautiful Bluewater Park:


 
I am beginning to think Rob and I will need ourselves a Holiday after this Holiday Thanksgiving Weekend is over to get rested up, but I am still giving thanks, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".
 
**Please note all photos and contents of this Blog belong to the Writer.  Please request permission before using any content, photos or otherwise.  Should permission be granted, photo credits are to be linked back to the "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard" Blog and its Writer.  

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome day. Happy Thanksgiving to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of Bandit - they're such lovely dogs. Get some rest please Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy your posts! Each one is like a visit with my dear friend, Cindy:) Sounds like you had a wonderful visit and a great weekend. So sorry about the asthma attack though...not fun!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...