Saturday 5 October 2013

Can Weather Trigger Migraines?

YES ! weather can "trigger" migraines.  As I have been suffering all day long, thinking my whole left side of my head should be leaving the rest of my body, or praying at some points it would.

At first sign of the migraine starting today I took my Migraine medication, Axert.  It seemed to help it somewhat, however by 6 pm it was "full blown" again.  Did I take more medication?  Of course I did, however I am now at my 24 hour limit of Axert.

Other then Migraines what did I accomplish this day?  A new Crock Pot Chicken Chili Recipe, dishes x 3 (how they manage to fill up the sink so quickly is beyond me some days, but then again Rob was home. *Smile*), a bit, or I should say a whole lot of cleaning up of Bandit hair, and a few "Crabby Cabbie" calls as our Wiarton driver was off today.

The Chunky Chicken & Cauliflower Chili was a success.  The recipe was an "on top of stove method", however I chose to do it in the Crock Pot as I had no time otherwise.  I adapted the recipe from the Fall "Good Things Grow in Ontario, Foodland Ontario" booklet.  I will try to post the recipe tomorrow.


Regardless of how yechy I was feeling, I still managed to find beauty in my day.  Garden Mums, Kohlrabi fresh pulled from the garden, which I have yet to have a "first" try, and Perennial Hibiscus.


And in the "Fall Spirit" this is what I think of Migraine Headaches.


On that note I am off to take better care of getting rid of this migraine, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

7 comments:

  1. I tend to get colds based on changes in the weather. I've had a sniffle and a sore throat for the last twenty four hours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Arthritis and the damp and cold affects me . As it is very damp here this weekend I am a little stiff rusty feeling and achy . Hope your Migraine subsides . Have a good rest of the weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not just the temperature but the barometer as well.feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get migraines and they usually make me so queasy. I have found a super hot bath seems to give me a little relief. I've been blessed to not have had one for several months now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree weather does set them off, and in my case "that time of the month." Love the last photo made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get headaches when the weather is close. You poor thing Cindy. I haven't had a migraine since I was 12 and I feel very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Cindy, I hope you soon get a handle on that headache! OUCH.
    It is very cold and damp around here today. My FM is really a pain in the butt today.
    Have you ever made slaw with kohlrabi? It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...