Wednesday 16 October 2013

A Wee Walk About With ....

I had plans today to go out on a wee walk about, leaving the house by 9:30 am.

I first stopped in to give my Mom a picture of my dad, Fritz, with his 3 brothers, as she hadn't had one there with her.  Of course Mom was happy for the photo and to see me.  Then I headed outside of Oxeden back towards Colpoy's Bay.  I love Fall.


Once I had picked up my Walk About partner, we took in some amazing sights just up the road.

It really was amazing watching the Coho Salmon heading up the stream to spawn.  Really a beautiful sight to behold it is.


Next stop was over at Denny's Damn in my Hometown of Southampton where Fishermen were out in their hip waders trying their luck at Trout Fishing in the Saugeen River.


Then our final destination happened to be one of the best stops ....

.... at my Auntie Gladys & Uncle Basil's for lunch with my young friend, Nathan Furry, who is visiting this week in Wiarton all the way from Australia again.  


Rob showed up in time for some of Aunties Egg Salad Sandwiches and dessert (egg salad are his absolute favourite kind and he insists Auntie's are the very best; nothing like getting himself more Brownie Points with Auntie, is there?).


It most certainly was another enjoyable visit with Nathan, as what we had ourselves at the first of the  Year, HERE & HERE.

Before we left town, Nathan had the opportunity to say "good-bye", once again, to my "Crabby Cabbie" Rob.

Back over Oxeden way Nathan and I stopped one more time to take photos of the beautiful escarpment across Colpoy's Bay.  Yes indeed Fall is beautiful.

 

I thoroughly enjoyed my day spent with Nathan, and most certainly welcome any return visit he might make in the future to the Bruce Peninsula.

I had some pretty happy Aussies, as in our Australian Shepherds, when I returned home.  I was even happier that the rain had held off today until after 5 pm, as it made for a much more enjoyable day for Nathan and I on our wee walk about, then for me to spend time with the Aussies back home, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

**Please note all photos and contents of this Blog belong to the Writer.  Please request  permission before using any content, photos or otherwise.  Should permission be granted,  photo credits are to be linked back to the "Just North of Wiarton & South of the  Checkerboard" Blog and its Writer. 

9 comments:

  1. great photos there Cindy, never seen salmon spawning before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg salad sandwiches are always welcome.

    Seeing the Saugeen River again reminds me of how big an area it and its branches cover. My grandfather had a farm near one of those branches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our weather has been perfect hasn't it? Almost made up for our lack of summer...but not quite.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita and I made a rush trip into Wiarton early Monday morning. As we turned onto Cty. Rd. 1 to go into Wiarton I was just in awe at the clear, smooth water and the colourted trees on the far side, with the bits of rock cliffs showing up here and there. Beautiful area you live in, wish I had a house overlooking Colpoys Bay. (or even on a hill overlooking Lake Charles ) :)
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great day you had, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a very long walk!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ! that is why the stop at Auntie's for some food to re-fuel ourselves, Sue. x

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful day! Oh, to be able to do a walk about with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, that sounds awesome! Nothing beats a great egg sammich and a terrific visit!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...