Friday 13 September 2013

A Beautiful Smile



Friday already? and a Friday the 13th to boot !  I LOVE Friday the 13th days, as usually they are "okay" days for me, or ones that do not seriously have anything go wrong in them (touch wood now that I have made that remark).

I headed on up North of the Checkerboard to where else but to the Good Doctors.  My blood pressure is good and my "tests" had pretty good results too, if I say so myself.  Now if my Fibromyalgia would calm itself down I would  have it made in the shade.  My neck and shoulders were right "out of whack" today, but the trip yesterday with the girls was all worth it.

Back from the Good Doctors found me home again to let out the Aussies out and about before hitting the road again, this time Southward bound to Southampton.  I was off to fill my Van up with petro, then over to..

... the Southampton Hospital to drop some goodies off to my Auntie Pearlina.  She likes cookies, so Homemade Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies it was, along with a piece of the Fresh Peach Cake.  She was pleased to see me and we had a great little visit for about a 1/2 hour or so.


I can't believe it was 36 1/2 years ago I was in this same hospital having my oldest son.  Time does not only fly, but some places seem so different and smaller at times to me.

I did not get back home for the 2nd time today until after 1 pm, as I had to drop a Summer Sausage I had bought for a friend off to her place, then go over to pickup our Wiarton Taxi phone to cover for our driver, John.  John's wife had the misfortune of "throwing out" her back the other day to find out today it was a prolapsed disc.  She will be layed up for a few weeks now, after spending 6 hours at the Wiarton Hospital's Emergency Department today.  Poor girl.

I certainly did not get very much if anything accomplished the remainder of my day between the couple of phone calls I had received.  I was certainly happy I had put a small Peameal Bacon roast in the slow cooker though, which had made Dinner easy peasy for me when Rob got home.

Peameal Bacon, fresh garden tomato slices, homemade potato & egg salad, and a fresh freestone Peach for dessert made my Dinner complete this evening.


The highlights of my day were ...

... the amazing *beautiful smile* I got from our Lexus girl, the first Perennial Hibiscus beginning to flower, and admiring the last of the Purple Cone flower's beauty.  Best of all was speaking on the phone with our Grandson Aiden to hear all about how his Birthday yesterday went.


Even though nothing much was accomplished, as I had planned, this day it had been an "okay" day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had an ok day! Rejoice in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Fibro is nasty with the cold we are having I am sure you are feeling it I know my Fibro does NOT like the cold.I am happy everything else is normal. Your posts always leave me hungry:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your rest when you can. And have lots of dog time. It's good for the blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...