Friday 2 August 2013

Just One Of Those Days

Last evening was another poor night of sleep for myself, and Rob.  It has been that kind of week for the two of us.  I let him sleep a little longer this morning while I got up at 6:30 am to do the Aussie rounds, Facebook Business Page update and online banking.

Finally before 8:00 I had to wake him since we both had a Doctor's appointment "North of the Checkerboard" in Lion's Head.

Once we got in to see our Doctor, Rob had his B12 shot, had some results of tests reviewed and rescheduled for another 2 weeks.  Me?  I had my Allergy shot, bi-weekly now, my blood pressure checked, which was the best it has been in a long time at 110/60 (pretty good with no B/P meds I would say), and the lump on the back of my heel checked.  My sinus x-rays had not been there yet so those results will have to wait until next week.

We arrived back home at 10 am where Rob headed out to work with his Crabby Cabbie hat set firmly upon his head, while I headed downtown Wiarton to run errands needing done.

I could not go downtown without popping into Friday's Farmer's Market.

The Market was hopping with lots of goodies to be found in baked goods or fresh garden produce among lots of other market wares.


I had ordered some Gladiolus for my Mother from the local Foodland Store yesterday.  I made a stop there to pick them up, as I wanted to deliver them to her today.  I thought I best be getting some, since they are her favourite, and when I look for Red, again her favourite, I can never get them when her Birthday rolls around in September.  What a better time then now since they had them in the store.

Mom was so happy to see me and totally thrilled with the Glads I had brought her.


After a little visit with Mom with a promise to see her in two weeks, I headed home for the second time this day.

I could not help but admire the Hostas we had planted along the front of the house 2 Summers ago.  They have filled in quite nicely, along with the Hydrangea Bush at the end of the house.


Yesterday I had finished weeding the rest of the Sunflowers.  Gayle had been by the other night to help with more weeding.  We have it all under control now for the time being, and it is looking really good.


I wish our pond and the trimming around the gardens and house was done, but for some reason we haven't been able to keep up with everything this Year as much as we had in past Years.  Really I think I get less done, but feel like I am doing more all the time, or maybe just because I am slower then I used to be, or I now have other interests that take me outside the house that I had never had before?  I really hate admitting this, but me getting slower has got to be the reason? or not I wish.

How is everyone doing with the "52 Week Money Challenge"?  I have made it to Week 32, bringing me up to almost $500.00 saved.  What on Earth will I ever do with the money when I get to Week 52?  I am pretty sure it will go towards our Mortgage, as I have been striving my hardest to get that debt paid off as fast as I can.  How nice for us when the day comes we own our home outright !  then do the extras we will hopefully be able to afford to do to it then, or maybe even sell and downsize to a more modest sized country home.  Time will tell.

My "Crabby Cabbie" will be working this weekend, however our friends, Doug & Vicki, will be arriving for the weekend tomorrow.  Rob, hopefully, will be off Sunday and Monday, and if the weather is nice enough we will be able to get out on our Motorcycles.

Only 7 pm with the Sun still shining.  I LOVE the long days ... think I will take Lexus out for some fetching, then maybe take the puppy out for a run before everyone elses turn, then maybe think about calling it a day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

9 comments:

  1. Busy, busy days ! Love the photo of your mum with her lovely glads you got her ! The weather has been perfect down here cool breezes and warm sun ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good long weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, the reason you can't keep up with the weeding is not because you are getting slower, it is because there has been so much rain and warm weather this year, they are growing by leaps and bounds. Don't always be so hard on yourself. I love Glads too. My grandfather was a gladiola grower and my sister and I used to sell them from our front lawn, when I was about Nicole's age. We sold them for 50 cents a bunch and there were 18 in a bunch. :)
    Hope you have a good weekend. It rained here yesterday like there was no tomorrow and then after we got docked today there was a huge black cloud and lots of rumbling in the sky just behind our boat. A friend of mine came to pick me up and take me for coffee and she said there was a huge storm went by their house. That is where that big black cloud was. We have been very lucky to miss so many storms like that. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our garden sheds are related...they look an awfully lot alike! *lol* Good news on your bp. Mine was like 112/78 a few weeks ago...that's the lowest it's been since before I had children! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had to bow out of the 52 week challenge, too many other places my money was needed.........sorry.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a long and productive day! I wish I had half your energy level. So don't feel bad about getting slow. Some of us only achieve a portion of what you do in a day : )
    Aimee from Craftmates

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking garden you have, and great looking hostas. There's always more that could be done, isn't there. I certainly know I'm slowing down a lot after a few hours of gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressed with your Hostas Cindy.......I gave up years ago thanks to the slug population consuming them overnight! Hope you#feel better soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Alice, Cindy. The amount of rain has just added onto the workload for weeding or lawn cutting this year, so much more than the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still in 52 Week Money Challenge (Week 44) -- should be done by the end of October -- that was my goal

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...