Saturday 10 August 2013

Can I Say EXCITED ????

Reflecting back on last evening before my Crabby Cabbie Rob left for work.

The sky darkened in the North with the Sun still shining in the West, and a Rainbow faintly appearing in the East, while .....


.... my Rob was over in the South with our Buddy Boy Australian Shepherd dog.  Oops I was spotted by Buddy before he got himself some loving from the Master.


I was so tired last night I do not remember going to sleep once my head hit the pillow.  I woke up at 2 am to Rob watching TV in the livingroom waiting to go out for a scheduled 3:30 am pickup with the Cab.  I barely remembering him returning home; he had been there beside me when I got up at 6:30 am.  

Our driver, John, arrived at 7:00 am this morning with a Timmies coffee for each of us in hand, and a breakfast sandwich.  At that time of the morning it was a good thing he came bearing gifts ... *smile*.

Our kettle was pooched and had been leaking water from the bottom.  This was not good at all, as surely I could not leave for the East Coast without making sure my dearest did not have a new kettle.  God forbid he have to take a pot out and heat water up on top of the stove !  Off I went downtown Wiarton to get us a new kettle.

My Great Niece, Erica, was married this morning ....

Friday she had Henna done, this morning her hair was done, and by this afternoon she was ready to be a Bride.  She looks like a beautiful China Doll in the last photo.  Congratulations Erica ! xoxoxo  Sorry I was not able to be there, but I am more then certain my Niece, her Mother, Joanne will fill me in on all the festivities of the day.


I wasn't home too long before heading back downtown again, as I had made arrangements with my Auntie Gladys to take her for lunch today, as she is always so GOOD to me, and to her "conniving for treats" nephew-in-law.

We went to my favourite little restaurant, The Green Door Cafe where I had the Loaded Chicken with a side Caesar Salad and Auntie had the Quiche Lorraine with a side of Tomato Basil Soup.  I really enjoyed our lunch together.


The Rankin River Trading Company was our next stop, as they had their women's clothing on sale for 40% off.  I thought Auntie would be able to find something there for herself.  Indeed she had found herself a lovely pair of black capri she had wanted for a very good price.

It just so happened our Wiarton Crabby Cabbie driver, John's wife works at Rankin.

When sitting in at Green Door I happened to see him go past with a take-out bag in hand, knowing he was going to have lunch with his wife.  I snuck downstairs to the lunch room at Rankin and ....

" ... snapped these photos.  Hahaha ... I got him good as he never expected to see me there.  I told him I was going to turn him into the Boss that he was slacking on the job, but didn't have to go far since I am his boss.  Ha ! had some fun with this one.  


After shopping, Auntie and I went to Lloyd's Smoke Shop to have ourselves a Homemade Ice Cream Cone for desssert.  I had Triple Chocolate and she had a Maple Walnut.  Funny thing is Maple Walnut was my dad's favourite, who was her brother.

Around 2 pm Auntie and I said our good-byes to each other and headed back to our respective homes.

When I had gotten home Rob had just gotten up from finally a fitful sleep, thank goodness.  I got going on making up some Dinner for him before he had to go back to work.  I got going on making him one of his favourites, Layered Baked Enchilada.

I got my Homemade Black Bean & Corn Salsa out and started putting it all together.


Layered and oven ready, after 40 minutes baking and 5 minutes sitting time to allow it to set it was ready to serve up.  Really? it is as good as it looks.


Recipe please?  FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

Rob enjoyed his Dinner, three pieces later.  I passed since I had such a big lunch.  After a rest he gave me a Kiss and a Hug promising if he wasn't home before I left at 4 am tomorrow morning, he would call me.  I am feeling a little bit strange now at the thoughts of leaving him for a few days, as in 19 years I have only been away from him for 1 week, and that was when my friend Tim had both knees replaced two years ago, and I had gone to look after him when he had gotten home.

Despite missing Rob, can I say EXCITED???  I most certainly can, and it is starting to feel pretty surreal to me all at the same time, but I am pretty sure it is real that I will be heading out with my friend Toni with an "i" tomorrow on a jet plane, Eastward bound.

3:30 am is going to arrive early, so I am going to try to get to sleep (hopefully asleep) early myself.  I will be back posting hopefully tomorrow from Lawerencetown Beach, Nova Scotia, and not my home, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

7 comments:

  1. Please post pics while you're away!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy~ Just wanted to stop by and say "Good-bye" and "Have a Safe and Fun Trip" Looking forward to hearing all about it:) Your Crabby Cabbie is going to miss you and all you do *smile* Have a good time Cindy! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the Green Door Cafe. I would say it is the best restaurant we have in the Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A congratulations to your niece!

    I'll have to remember the Green Door...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to make layered enchiladas b/c it is certainly a lot less time consuming than rolling individual enchiladas. But serving the layered version intimidates me. Does it fall apart?

    Thanks for sharing this week, Cindy. I'll have to get my nerve up and try it--the cheesy top looks good!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...