Sunday 7 July 2013

More Kid Time !

The fun continued on last night before the boys left to go back to their weekend lodgings.  Boys will be boys regardless their age.


This morning my day started as usual with my Aussies and the two remaining puppies.  After my shower the day took an unusual twist then its norm.  I had a Taxi Run set up for a 9 am pickup.  Off I went to return back home sometime around 10:30 am.  This will be a regular Sunday morning event for me I believe.  My Crabby Cabbie needs some sleep so I have to help the "odd" time if I am able.

I had just arrived home when the kids arrived.  They were going to spend some one on one time with me today.  Since Rob hadn't gotten home until 5:30 am, I thought it best to take them off premises.  I loaded all five of them into the van and headed on out to ....

.... the Bruce Caves for us to have a hike.  Hike we did.  We even found ourselves a cave.


Each and everyone had found themselves a walking stick.  Connor started out with pretending he was an OLD man using a cane.  The girls were quick to follow suit.


We all had so much fun.  On the way back they got themselves all organized for a group photo on top of a huge rock.


We had came upon another huge rock which had graffiti that was at least tastefully done.


Back home everyone was hungry after our big excursion so I got busy with a whole loaf of bread and cheese slices whipping up everyone a Grilled Cheese with leftover Birthday Cake for dessert.  My friend, Gayle, had also dropped by and was hard at it in the garden tackling the first crop of weeds.


By the time the five kids left the premises I was ready for a snooze.  Our house looks like a Tornado went through it.  It will be remaining this way for a bit, as tomorrow I might find myself busy with something else, Tuesday morning I will be at a meeting, and before I know it Wiarton Wednesday will be here and I will be busy with that.

After a wee, and I do mean wee, bit of a rest this afternoon, Rob and I headed out to fill up the Wiarton Crabby Cabbie vehicle with fuel.  When we got home it was then time to get our Dinner going.

Grilled Striploin, Baked Potato and a Side of Salad.  My steak was grilled to perfection, thanks to my Honey Rob.


The group leader and coordinator, Tess,  for the Wiarton Pioneer Club has approached me to see if anyone would be interested in doing a bit of baking for their cause of raising money to Send A Kid to Camp Program.

This is Tess's request:

We have been invited to sell baking at the Queen's Bush bluegrass event
on July 19th - 21st.  I am looking for donations of baking, squares, cookies etc. individually wrapped to sell to the campers over that weekend.  Of course all the proceeds will go to our "send a kid to camp" campaign. 

Should anyone like to donate, please contact Tess at the Wiarton Salvation Army @ 519-534-0353.  Your contributions are ALWAYS appreciated.

Dishes are done, Aussies are all waiting for their last run of the day, and then both Rob and I will be calling it a day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are brave to deal with all five by yourself!! But sounds like you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most tasteful graffiti I've seen in a long time Cindy! Glad you had a great time with the kids and I'm very envious of your steak....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cindy KIDS and CAVES my most favourite thing to do. Looks like fun. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember scurrying around other parts of the escarpment as a child, and years afterwards. There are caves to be found all over it.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...