Wednesday 27 February 2013

One Of Those Days

It is usually always "one of those days" when you don't sleep most of the night before, is it not?  This is exactly how it was for me this morning.  Mojo? what is that? something to drink?  cause I sure didn't have any of that either.

It doesn't help when the weather is so darn damp and wet.  Anyone with joint ailments or otherwise can testify how that plays havoc on the body.  When out at 6:30 am with the Aussie gang it was rainy and difficult to walk through two inches of wet snow that had accumulated, feeling like I had done a 2 mile marathon first thing.

We are not the only ones in Ontario receiving this wet damp snowy weather.  Accumulations up in the Ottawa Valley, Karen and Paula's way, has been apparently much worse then what we have had here, so I learned through Facebook.  I don't even have to leave my front door to get around to other part of the country.  Look at all that money I don't have I am getting to save !  Whoopee !!!

The "Crabby Cabbie" books had to be finished up today, so I tackled them, always striving to get the worse out of the way first.  Of course before anything was begun, our bed had to be made.  I finally got the books out of the way just before lunch time.

I was apparently not the only one today who was feeling a little beyond sleepy .... as there had been a whole bunch of sleeping going around within all different parts of the house today.



There is always a little brightness in a person's day when they get HAPPY MAIL.  My friend Toni with an "i" , had before Christmas pointed out to me a Mars Canada Inc. Promotion on Facebook.  We entered to qualify for a FREE pair of Mitts with the Canada Flag knitted into them. Alas there had been a glitch in the Instant Win Prize notifications and the mitts had all been spoken for.  Overlooking this error on the system, Mars Canada contacted everyone who did not qualify for the mitts to let them know they would ensure the integrity of the Promotion would be maintained by sending each and every entry product coupons valued at $7.50.

"I received 5 Coupons for Free Mars products today.  Way to go Mars Canada ! on handling a situation and still making people happy."


I am sorry to say Pedigree Canada did not step up to the plate as well as Mars Canada by any means.  After blogging about their decrease in quantity of dog food with prices not reflecting same HERE, I had posted the question to them on their Facebook page.  This is the response I received from them, along with everyone else's concern there about the same matter:

Hi Cindy, thanks for your message. We very much appreciate you taking the time to contact us about this. As you’re aware, the new PEDIGREE® Vitality +™ food for dogs is a top quality product made with only the best ingredients. We've seen a rise in cost for both the raw ingredients and transportation; something that’s been a challenge for most of the petfood industry this year.

In the face of such rising costs, we had 2 choices: keeping the bags the same size and raising the price significantly, or reducing the size of the bags so that the price can stay in the same range. Most consumers preferred the lower price as well as the convenience of having smaller bags to carry.

Thanks again for your feedback – it’s extremely important to us and it will be forwarded to our PEDIGREE® brand department for review.


Wasn't that a nice "copy & paste" way of dealing with a problem rather then on an individual basis for each complain posted to their page.  Smaller bags, with no lower price attached though !

I have used Pedigree Dog Foods for 25 years plus, always recommending it to anyone who had ever purchased a puppy from me.  This will be the case no longer, as I am on the search for a new brand of dog food that will satisfy my dogs requirements, as well as my budget.

Oh yes, they suggested I buy newspapers to see if there were coupons in there at any given time for their products.  Wow that would really be a further gain in the savings department for me after purchasing how many newspapers before I found a $1.00 off coupon?  Silly people.

Today I had decided I was going to try my hand at making Shepherd's Pie in the Slow Cooker since I had leftover gravey in the fridge to be used up.

"I first got started with the potatoes, carrots and onions needing peeled and boiled.  Then it went onto stirring the gravey into the browned beef and garlic, with the cooked veggies along with a pot of Knorr Beef Bouillon next, then the frozen peas that had been produced in our very own Vegetable Garden last Summer."


"With the meat mixture thoroughly mixed, heated, then put in the bottom of the Slow Cooker, it was time to mash the potatoes and milk to top everything off with."


"Two hours later it was steamy hot and plated to be enjoyed.  Enjoyed it was with me being pleased at my very first time making Shepherd's Pie in a Slow Cooker."


Recipe please?  PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.

I am happy to say I received a lovely comment on my post of yesterday from my Secret Sister, Susan of The Food Allergy Chronicles.  I am delighted you were pleased with your Secret Sister Gift, Susan.  It really is fun surprising and giving to another, especially to a Secret Sister !

I absolutely know I am going to have myself an early night with high hopes of a full nights sleep ahead of me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

9 comments:

  1. Never tried slow cooker shepherds pie so thanks for the recipe! Good job on the free Mars coupons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tryed Shepherds pie in the slow cooker either looks good. I do it the old fashioned way on the stove then in the oven ! I love my slow cooker so I will have to give this a try thanks for the recipe ! I hear you about the damp and aching my body is killing me today with all this dampness makes me feel like I have been hit by a truck I am so sore ! Glad you got something from the Mars company ! Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I sure hope you'll get some shut eye tonight but don't eat all of these candies right before bed :) This shepherd's pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those sleeping fur balls, I would have to snuggle right down with them!! I know your Secret Sister must be very happy with her gift, gonna go check it out right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have Natural Choice by Nutro dog food in Canada. We go between that and one at Costco that doesn't have grain or animal by products. We have a Great Dane and English Bulldog who have issues if not given high quality dog food. Our Dachshund has been on Natural Choice exclusively for 12 years.

    Those puppies are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have seen Natural Choice in our Pet Valu stores. I will check it out too, Kat. Bandit is doign so well on the Purina Beneful I might think about changing them all.

      Delete
  6. I do hope you get your mojo back soon Cindy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some providers in the course of survival can even burrow to shell out
    dividend so as to keep on being extraordinary.
    This happens because a simple moving average gives equal
    weight to each trading period, which causes SMA to respond slowly to price fluctuations; this is why it is referred to as a lagging indicator.
    If you buy 1000 stocks at 15 a piece, you will
    spend 15,000 neopoints.

    My site - odam2k.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shepherd's pie is one of life's great pleasures, and it's been quite awhile since I've had some....

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...