Monday 28 January 2013

What A MESS !!!

I really had a difficult time getting motivated today for some reason or another.  I will choose to blame this also on the weather, as it couldn't make up its mind whether to snow, freeze, rain or what today. 

What I do know, regardless it was a damn damp day, and I really appreciated the heat from the wood stove.


When I did finally get a move on I prepared a couple of packages and Valentine Cards for the mail..  I like sending out Special Occasion cards a bit earlier then the day so they can be enjoyed a little bit longer.  All ready and bundled up to go, I headed on outside to ....

"I started my Van, put it into drive and dropped 6 inches into the wet slushy mush, moving no further..  I couldn't believe it !  I have almost never had a vehicle so useless in snow then this one... oh yes I did, it was a Ford Aerostar rear wheel drive.  But give me a break this is a front wheel drive and the tires are like brand new !"


I calmly stomped walked back into the house call and tell Rob I no longer wanted this vehicle as it was only good for fair weather driving and I can't have that.  We do live in CANADA you know !!!  

Once I calmed down a bit after stewing about the fact I had been stuck in our own driveway twice within days, I decided I best be productive somehow today before the day was gone.  On  the upside it could have been worse with me being stuck somewhere else other then home ... then I really would have had something to stomp around about then, now wouldn't I have?

I find when I am upset or angry about something it gives me fuel and I am much more productive at these times... I took advantage of the feeling this day.

The "crunch" is on with a matter of only a few days to complete the January Decluttering Challenge I signed up for over at Carla's.  Our basement is not finished, but unfortunately has a side entrance which is much easier to use then going around to the front, especially in the Winter months.  With the dogs also in residence down there it is very easy to collect clutter and major dust, never mind how many spiders inhabit it as well.  You know the old saying, "out of sight out of mind", even though we can pass by it how many times every day?  

At least once or twice a year a "big" let's get it cleaned up time comes around.  Since yesterday we had cleared up and around the pen for Lexus, today I was going to work at doing another "grid".  What a mess !!!

"The dreaded "grid" before I started, and then part way through."


"Here we are after ... um I suppose I should have time myself, all the work I had put into cleaning and organizing.  The boxes and such all along Lexus' whelping pen are items to be discarded.  The box still on the chair is full of canning that seemed to have gone "off", needing disposing of."


I am pretty pleased at what I got accomplished this day.  I still have my work cut out for me tomorrow with yet another "grid" in need of doing.  The problem with when taking on such a big job, means something upstairs isn't getting done ... but then again, as I am reminded quite often, Rome Was NOT Built in a Day ! thanks to my Auntie Gladys.

My reality in life? Rome will never be built .... hahahaha.

That is all she wrote for this day in her life, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

17 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy~ I had to laugh when I read this, because I also was stuck in my driveway today!! Again!! Wet, slushy, mushy snow! So much for getting my hair cut:) My hubby and I had our "big" right before Christmas....next one, maybe in July!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, my dear friend, that I missed your call today!!! It's so nice of you to check on me. I'm doing much better, and I was actually dealing with seven loads of laundry today, and that's why I missed you, I guess :( Looks like you've been pretty busy too with all the decluttering going on there :) We got quite a bit of snow in the last two days too, and Hubby almost got stuck yesterday :) Time for winter to go, don't you think ?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your store counter storage. (Room for a generator behind there?).
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I got stuck today too and when I stepped out of car I wasn't looking and stepped in slushy melted ice that went right in my shoes. Made me miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yech, Bette I sure know that miserable feeling. I hope your day turned out better then it started.

      Delete
    2. Nah, slushy snow shoes just sets you up for a miserable day. Everything has melted here in London now. Much better for walking the pup.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Old bagel bins from a store they were throwing out, and Rob spied for me. Lucky lucky we were that day, Judy.

      Delete
  6. Yes a really damp day today with a mix bag of everything here to makes me ache this dampness ! Our van is 1996 Doge Caravan and still going strong has lots of mileage on her to as he used to travel 2 hours a day to and from work , she plows through snow no probs , we have snow tires on her ! I guess ya sometimes get a lemon . Hope all works out with the vehicle for you ! Love the store counter there ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One word. Shovel!!! I know hard work. Our laneway is terribly long. Nothing worst then coming home and a snow storm has been going on all day. Not only a laneway but....gee! A Hill to boot! I basically have shovels everywhere, even against the trees down the lane, that just in case one might feel like helping out! Hopefully you get out tomorrow in the rain!

      Delete
    2. Yes Rob got home and rocked the heck out of it; came in and said I was right it was a piece of crap in the snow even with brand new tires on it ... hard to have him scrape the drive with the tractor when he is barely home some times. Probably has something to do with the auto adjusting shocks in the back end of it. Jeez always something *smile*

      Delete
  7. OK that is why I have a four wheel drive I don't like being stuck. I would rather drive through it tan shovel through it:) Sorry Farmgirls comment I am getting to old:)
    I like your challenge Cindy and in my case Rome will not be built either:) B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeppers that is our motto, if you can not drive through it you do not go anywhere ! Ha! seems to be with no tractor operator around when he is gone so much.

      Delete
  8. Today was a blechy, messy day! No driving here today. Hoping that tomorrow is better. Did you get yourself unstuck before the day was over? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Connie Rob got me unstuck late last night. Wish me luck for the second attempt today.

      Delete
  9. What a cool counter you have!! Congrats on all the decluttering you are getting done, won't it be nice to have that big job out of the way? Hope you can get out of your drive and on your way today!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the slushy days I can't stand... especially walking. A few days back during the thaw, lo and behold, there was a car on the street that seemed to be aiming for me, and splashed me with that cold, cold water.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...