Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Real Quick There & Back Trip

Another 4 am morning it was for me.  Rob got up at 5:30 am.  We took care of everyone's needs, everyone as in Bandit, Lexus, Buddy and Missy Mercedes, before heading out the driveway at 6:10 am..

"Two and a half hours later that would be King Street, Waterloo, and Manulife Insurance building we are passing by while on the Conestoga Parkway in Kitchener-Waterloo."


"Had to get Rob to stop at this little house on Lancaster Street.  It is a pretty "full" little front lawn, is it not?"


"After we had attended to the business this trip took us on we were not long on our way back home.  There goes University Road, the exit to where home was nine years ago ... oh man, where does time go to?


"Going through Elmira we passed lots of "on strike" picketers from the Schools."


"Bonnie Chicks on the left is where all those cute little babies come from to raise in the Spring.  A huge Nativity Scene in front of this Church."


I haven't been feeling too well the past couple of days.  By the time we had been well on our way home I felt really quite ill.  Rob figured it was because I had too much coffee and nothing to eat.  We stopped in Clifford for a bite of breakfast.  No that was not the reason.  We also stopped at the Zellers Store in Hanover as they will be closing their doors soon since they have been "bought out" by Target.

"I was pretty happy to get a two sets of 400 thread count sheets on Sale, Buy One and the Second is Free, working to $20.00 a set.  And the Queen Size sheets are the 18" Deep Pockets too !  Nothing is really on liquidation yet apparently until the 24th of December, then they will be a "Mad House" I am sure !"


Today had been "a real quick there and back trip", and I was happy to get back home.

There had been some more HAPPY MAIL for me again today !!!  I had entered to win a Give Away over at Carla's of My 1/2 Dozen Daily for this Four Week Financial Turnaround by Derek Olsen and .....

".... the 2013 Milk Calendar I had ordered.  I can't wait until I am able to check both out.  Shh... thinking I might be passing on the Financial Book to my son, Paul, after I have myself a "peek" at it."


Lynn Wright messaged me yesterday that she had received two more Granny Squares from our recent "shout outs".  Thanks Diane, as they truly are appreciated.

For those who might have missed that post, here it is once again:

My friend, Lynn, is part of the Wiarton Optimist Club.  Yesterday she had posted to her Facebook page that she is doing a "fundraiser" on the behalf of raising money to go towards the Basketball Court for our local children.  This is what I have posted to my Facebook page, after reading Lynn's post:

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY "Crochet" Friends please. My friend, Lynn Wright, who is with the Wiarton Optimist Club is doing a fundraiser and is looking some people for Crochet participation! Here is Lynn's deal: 

I'd like to do a fundraiser for our Optimist club. We support a lot of youth functions in our area. We are currently working on a basketball court and should have it completed by spring. We 
have also paid to send kids who can't afford it otherwise, for them to go to a summer camp, and we put on a family fun day once a year that is absolutely free for kids to attend. I'm thinking if anyone would like to donate a granny square , lets go with 4 x 4 in size, regular worsted yarn, then I can join them all together and use it as a raffle at our next event. If anyone would like to help with this please send your square to:

Lynn Wright P.O. Box 342 Wiarton, Ontario, Canada, N0H 2T0 

Thanks so much! I would love to have them all here by the end of December so that I can get them all linked together in time for our next family day event . (crocheted squares only please).


Should any of my "Crochet" readers love to contribute to this cause, I would appreciate it, as would Lynn, and the Wiarton Optimist Club.  If you do decide to participate, could you please include a note you are a reader of my blog, as I have asked Lynn to let me know should she receive any from you out there, so we can photograph and post about how it is all coming together.  I am really very excited about this !  A couple of my Relatives have already committed themselves to a "Granny Square", as has my Sister Donna, who is going to be mailing two off to Lynn, one being on my half of course *smile*.  Thank you to all in advance to who that partake in this "Fundraiser".  I do LOVE giving back whenever I am able, as I am sure most people do.

Once again, I personally thanks all in advance who are able to oblige.  Thank you.

This is a very old Christmas time song that I seldom hear any more, but also have always loved ...


I have a headache that just won't quit, causing my teeth to ache, an aching body, more so then usual (there is a difference in pain), hot/cold moments and no energy at all.  I do not feel well.

Once again I am wrapping it up, as I am thinking I am not too far from a bed my body seemingly needs at the moment, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better when you awake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, sounds like the flu to me!! Take care of you and feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning. There is a change in the pressure at the moment, so that too may be affecting your head?

    Take it easy today,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...