Friday 2 March 2012

Yet Another Challenge For March In The Works

"Ya George old boy, It's Finally Friday .... "



".... but I ain't got no 100 dollar bill smoking in my billfold, but I do got some Green Tea and a 6 pack of Yogurt in my Fridge !  LOL."


Ha,ha,ha !  Yes it is finally Friday again, meaning another weekly trip North of the Checkerboard for yet another "shot in the arm".  I didn't mind heading up there and back this morning, as the weather was really good.

Listening to the radio on the way up there I heard we are to get another 10 cm (approx. 4 in.) of snow tonight/tomorrow with high winds !  It did come in like a Lamb yesterday, so what's up with this nonsense?  Really though there are no complaints coming from me in this respect, especially when listening to the News to hear Tornados are moving across the States, in our neighbouring Country, The USA.

This I cannot imagine or want to experience personally, knowing the damage caused and people without homes this past year by a Tornado in our own backyard of Goderich, Ontario.  Prayers going out to all that fatalities will be NIL for the States, and for both my Aunts & Uncles, who left driving for Florida this past Wednesday morning, that they will be kept safe, as well as my many, dear to me, American Acquaintances I have made over the past few years.

With the February Decluttering Challenge now behind, I have began my own Eat Right Challenge (and weight loss), since March is National Nutrition Month,

"This is why I need to do the "Get My Plate Into Shape" with my Eat Right Challenge, so I no longer look like this.  Still though, those hips are pretty shapely looking, are they not?  LOL."

This morning, I recorded my weight and measurements:

Weight/Height:
 150 lbs : 5'5"

Measurements:
Hips:         41 inches (child bearing they have always been)
Stomach:   38 inches (oh man, should be no more then 35 inches)
Waist:       32 inches (used to be 28 and even less at one time)
Breasts:     36 inches (used to be a carpenter's delight for many prior years)

With increasing my daily exercise and "Getting My Plate Into Shape", better then I have been (no eating between mealtimes), I hope to see a change, in at least the weight, by the end of March (going to be tough since I have a Birthday Cake day in there somewhere).

Wednesday night, I dusted off my Wii Fit Board and CD, and got started with that program.  Yesterday I had a one hour exercise period with the VON SMART group, and did a one hour walk around Wiarton with my friend.  Today yet, I plan on putting the Leslie Sansone, "Walk Away the Pounds" CD and getting started  (it has been 1 1/2 years I have done it, since I had knee surgery) on this program again, beginning with the One Mile workout.

I did check my BMI today.  I am not overweight, but on the border line.  Also there are a couple pair of jeans/pants I would be much more comfortable in if I were to loose 30 10 lbs (where I was 2 years ago, *sigh*).

Here are a couple links to "check tools" which I found to be very helpful as guidelines:

BMI Indicator:  http://www.eatright.org/bmi/

Waist Circumferences:   http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/index.html

To date, I have only had one person come up to the plate thus far in wanting to join me in regarding my "Getting My Plate Into Shape" challenge.  Thanks Bonnie, I hope to hear from you again.  Hopefully we can be of  encouragement to each other via email.

Any other takers, I would absolutely "love the company" !

I have also signed up with another challenge, once again over at Carla's, My 1/2 Dozen Daily.  This Challenge Carla is having is for Finance/Personal/Decluttering, also for the Month of March.  I have chosen to do all three (3) as follows:

Personal:
1)  Prep and Paint the secondary Spare bedroom which was decluttered in February.
2)  Begin learning the Strength and Flexibility exercises for the VON SMART, where I volunteer once a
week, so I can begin instructing.

Finance:
1)  Record all "Crabby Cabbie" transactions in the books every week.
2)  Start a jar/container for loonies & toonies to go towards a much needed Holiday for Rob and myself
(hopefully some Year, but thinking I should start saving now, lol)

Decluttering:
1)  Hallway & Bathroom Closets
2)  Clean and organize our Freezers (since I had too much going to do in February)
3)  Downstairs entry ~ coats, boots, hats, gloves, doggie leashes, etc...

I am pretty sure my plate is now full for the Month of March, as we also have our #1 Riptail Snorter, Aiden, coming for the week of March Break.   I am absolutely tickled inside out in anticipation of him coming for a week !!!

Oh and as for today?  Today I made a Roasted Cauliflower & Aged Cheddar Cheese Soup for the "Crabby Cabbie's" lunches.

"Cauliflower prepped and tossed in Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper."


"Into the 400*F Oven it goes for 20 minutes."


"Twenty minutes up with it going into the prepared broth."


"Next going in is, cheese please !"


"The final ingredient is the 1 cup of milk."



Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup


Recipe Source: Kevin @ Closet Cooking 
Roasted Cauliflower and Aged White Cheddar Soup ~ A creamy white cheddar cauliflower soup with a hint of thyme. 
Servings: 4+ servings 
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 50 minutes; Total Time: 60 minutes

Ingredients
1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 tablespoons oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
3 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups aged white cheddar, shredded
1 cup milk or cream
salt and pepper to taste

Directions: 
Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil along with the salt and pepper and arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. 
Roast the cauliflower in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. 
Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes. 
Add the garlic and thyme and saute until fragrant, about a minute. 
Add the broth and cauliflower, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. 
Puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency with a stick blender. 
Mix in the cheese, let it melt and season with salt and pepper. 
Mix in the milk and remove from heat.

"A 10* Star recipe in my books .... "


I also got started on prepping the spare bedroom:


"Half done stripping the nasty Goose border."


That was pretty much the most of my day so far here, so Leslie Sansone, watch out here I come, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. Ok I am in on the plate challenge starting tommorrow ,how can I not when you take so much of your time to walk with me to keep me healthy!
    not sure where to post in for this challenge but I am with you on this
    love the picture with the muffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that muffin sticking out of the jeans looks pretty yummy!! Maybe thats why I can't loose weight, never meet a muffin I didn't love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too - will join you on the plate challenge from Monday and will check out Carla's new challenge too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's me a muffin top, actually I am a two muffin top!!!

    I have seen that recipe somewhere recently and was going to make it myself.

    I used to do the Leslie Sansone exercises and enjoyed them.

    GIll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I totally join!! I bought a dress yesterday that I want to look great in by the end of the month. THE dress!! I'm going to post more on this tomorrow with pictures (No pics of my own muffin top though...)

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...