Friday 16 December 2011

A Whole Lot of Bruce County Mices & Reindeer Poop ???

This is the third and final way to rid yourself of negative thoughts (hopefully by now you have figured out that this is very important!). Place a rubber band around your wrist and snap it against your skin anytime a negative thought finds its way into your head. This operate conditioning technique associates a slight pain with negative thoughts like Pavlov associated food/salivation with the sound of a bell. Sounds a bit cruel at first but it only stings for a second, I promise. Plus the outcome, having only positive thoughts, far outweighs a little slap on the wrist here and there.
Hahaha, not only would I hurt myself using the "Rubber Band Method", I would more then likely need a reminder to use it when I was suppose to.  This is another good one I was aware of years ago, but never have practised myself, so should anyone who knows me see me going around with a rubber band on my wrist, you will know what it is all about.  LOL


"So began my yesterday ..... cloudy and mild temperatures with mostly rain all throughout the day."

I most certainly wasn't as productive as I would have liked to have been, but I did manage to accomplish a couple of things.  It all started in my kitchen ...."Ingredients all set out and made ready."

"The assembly line organized and well oiled."


" .... I am really not too sure about the kind of help there was to be had?"




"Somehow we did manage to bring it together, ending up with a bunch of "blind" and "scentless" mices.  Then figured out what kind of concoction was needed to give them their eyes and noses."




"With eyes and sniffers they all appeared in hoards travelling in about my kitchen ..... "Invasion of the Bruce County Chocolate Christmas Mice" !!! "



Not only was there an invasion of Mices in my kitchen, but what a mess to clean up after all the "Reindeer Poop" !"I would think just in time to be bagged up for some "gift" giving !"
It most certainly was a Chocolate Mice and Reindeer adventurous kind of day !

Should anyone like to give there own "someone" special some "Reindeer Poop", here is how it is done.

Reindeer Poop

2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
6 level tablespoons of cocoa
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Step 1: Mix the sugar, milk, salt, butter and cocoa in a saucepan
Step 2: Bring to boil and boil for 1 to 2 minutes
Step 3: Take the mixture off the stove and add the rolled oats, coconut and vanilla. Mix well.
Step 4: Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet or plates
Step 5: Chill in the fridge for 2 hours
Step 6: Write out the poem to be attached to your gifts
Step 7: Remove cookies from fridge and have fun finding ways to package them.

THE REINDEER POOP POEM
On the night before Christmas, I heard St. Nick call, "Dash away, dash away, dash away all!" I scurried out to the lawn and in the snow drifts, those naughty reindeer had left behind "little gifts". I got out an old shovel and started to scoop, neat little piles of "reindeer poop", but because I recycle, and don't like to waste, I saved them all up for you to taste !

Be creative with the packaging, as I only used what I had around the house, but don't forget to add the "Reindeer Poop" Poem, as that is half the fun.  I am making a "special" delivery myself this morning when I go up to my Doctor's office ..... lol.

Chocolate Mice?  Well I just found a web link and went from there.  This is the one I sort of followed, 


I otherwise used Icing sugar and water to make icing for eyes and noses, and Hershey kisses for the heads.

There are many methods online, as well as "how to videos", so doing some surfing for what would be most suitable to an individual would be best.

With being in and out with a certain little Miss Mercedes throughout the day, having Bandit & Lexus out for runs ..... and the surmountable sink full of dishes that goes along with Bruce County Mice and Reindeer Poop, it was pretty much a full day !

By the time I had sat down around the 7:30 pm hour to write out the "Reindeer Poop" poem, it had started to be a ......






..... kind of evening so of course I had to fire up the woodstove.












It was pretty nippy out there earlier on this morning when Missy Mercedes and I were first out, so I best be checking in with the Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy to see what the rest of the day will bring.


 Yes Sirree, there is is in grey and white, with not one little bit of Yellow in it.   -4 ? ... baby it is cold out there, but alas he can not hear me, as my "Crabby Cabbie" baby is still fast asleep after the big day he had working yesterday !

People to see and things to do, so I best be getting on with my new adventure into the day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...