Wednesday 14 December 2011

Totally MORE Savings Were Gotten !!!!

Utilize ‘The Burning MethodWhenever a fear or worry or complaint comes to mind, close your eyes and imagine writing down the thought on a piece of paper. Then proceed to light the paper and fire and watch it disintegrate. Even better, actually write it down and burn it. You won’t have any problem ridding your mind of the thought after doing this.
I have heard many times through past years of people suggesting this very Life Secret & Tip, however never any time of me trying it myself  does not come to mind.  Another way of purging one's negative thoughts and grudges from themselves.  As I said, I have personally not tried this method, however whatever works for each of us as individuals is all that matters in my opinion.  I will have to try this with my "next" worry, as I usually have one or two hovering around me somewhere at any given time .... lol.Onto the wonderful morning of total savings Rob and I had yesterday ..... off to Zellers we went together with coupon in hand.
Our mission this time was to come away with a new Winter coat for Rob, and another for when he dons his "Crabby Cabbie" image.  Once we had arrived at Owen Sound's Zellers store, there were a few changes and a bit of deliberation, before we were able to find two coats that Rob was comfortable with both fit and style wise.I have been pining away sometime for a new mattress pad for our bed, but always shying away at the price of them being $89.00 and upwards for anything half decent that would last in this throw away World of ours.  We made our way around to Linen Department, where they so happened to have 40% off all of their mattress pads.  It didn't take me long to pick out one of those $89.00 ones I have been shying away from the past year, as well as a 300 Count set of Queen size sheets at a cost of $39.00.I had also received a comment on yesterday's blog from a friend saying what a "frugal" shopper I am.  How nice was that comment, when in all actuality I have been known to be absolutely just down right "CHEAP" .....LOL.  I did message this friend back and thank her for her kindness in using the word "frugal".The Linen Department was also advertising for this day only, should one go spend $10.00 at the Zeller's restaurant, you would receive a coupon for $10.00 off any linen purchase.  Rob zoned right in on this one, and off we went for a breakfast/lunch around the 11 am hour.  I was happy with going to have breakfast, as it meant no cooking or cleanup once we returned back home.  So a breakfast that cost us approx. $15.00, less the $10.00 coupon we used at the checkout, was actually not too bad of a savings I thought.We motored around to the Pharmacy Dept., as the Royale Bathroom tissue was on sale at $6.99 for 24 dlb. rolls, and at that price who wouldn't want to stock up?  Obviously quite a few people, as they were sold out !  but I was told a "rain check" could be obtained from the cashier on our way out.We had to pass the Footwear Dept., on our way to the cashier, so of course I spied some boots thinking I hadn't had a new pair of dressy type Winter boots, since ...... I would be scared to say it has been that long.  There was also a 30% discount on all the Winter boots.Finally we made it through the checkout, loaded up our vehicle and headed on home, but not until Rob noticed a Gas Station's gas price of $129./L, as when we had first arrived in Owen Sound we had noticed it to be at $112./L..  Well before we left town, he pulled into the Zehrs Gas Bar, where it still was at $112./L, and filled our vehicle to the brim before we got the "Heck out of Dodge" !There had been one more stop at the Deals store on our way home, where I was able to pickup a Cellular phone case for $2.99, so my phone would not get scratched in my purse, whereas anywhere else they usually run around the $10.00 mark or so.It was after the lunch hour when we finally managed to get ourselves back home, much to the delight of Bandit, Lexus and especially little Miss Mercedes, and myself as I was by this time "all shopped" out and then some.  Shopping two days in a row !!!  I have had enough shopping to last me right into the New Year !
"I do have to admit the amount of savings that we gained from our shopping excursion was totally worth it all, as the Grand Finale total only amounted to $195.00 !  My gosh, at regular prices, or not, I could have spent that much on just a mattress pad and a set of sheets....whoohooo!"I wish I could say my yesterday ended then and there with the remainder of the day spent resting, but that would be a big "fat" fiblet (wouldn't it be Jessica?), as I then washed/dried the new sheets, stripped our bed, washed/dried/folded the old sheets, took Bandit and Lexus out a few times, numerous times in and out with Missy Mercedes, and did more general cleanup inbetween it all.  *Phew* by the time I ran a bath at 8:00 p.m., I was beyond ready for my bed "let me tell the World" !  All in all, that was my Yesterday ..... spent with, during and after my "Crabby Cabbie" had left for what he does best.Christmas Countdown Clock for "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

Should anyone else need a personal reminder of how far away Christmas actually is, please hook yourself up with your own personal Christmas Countdown Clock by going to the following web link:http://www.yourchristmascountdown.co.ukThe weather yesterday actually wasn't as rainy and damp as it had started out to be, so I am curious what the Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy has to say about today.

After looking over this forecast, I think today I will be singing along with Mr. Bing Cosby.As I go forward towards the day ahead, I am hoping there will be some new Christmas Baking adventures had in my kitchen today, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. excellent deals again well done. Have you looked at www.mrsjanuary.com she always posts great deals and she is Canadian,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...