Tuesday 6 December 2011

Purging, Purging, Purging It Does Feel Good !

Superman was completely re-energized when he flew out to space and soaked in some rays and you can do the same right outside your front door (if you live in a constantly dreary place, my apologies). The sun feels amazing: your entire body will be coursing with warmth and life.
I really thought about skipping this Life Secret & Tip today, as the Wiarton Weatherman guy's forecasts have not been too accommodating in the "sun" part of things.  *Sigh* why wait until the end, I might just as well check out what he has to say right now about the day ahead.
Yes, just as I had suspected clouds, clouds, clouds and s**w, s**w, s**w !  Okay for this week I would say to anyone in an area which is going to have the same problem as mine does, maybe lots of "fresh" air could be the substituting factor in this case.  Apparently this is what I will be doing myself this day, getting "fresh" air, as there "ain't no sunshine when she's gone".My yesterday was one beginning with doing the humdrum bookkeeping for November's month end, then going onto some much needed purging of paper, you know the ones we all can't seem to part with after 20 years or so ?  


"Almost two boxes full, with this not counting what went into the woodstove already.  What a job going through all of this, page by page, let me tell the World !"




I would guesstimate by the time I had gone through all of the paperwork, Rob had removed the old desk and set up the new computer desk, which we had bought months ago, I would say we were well into the afternoon hours.  One can imagine the "dust bunnies" behind the old desk, as I am sure it had only been pulled out one other time this pass Spring !I have yet to do a bit more organizing of my new "blog" spot headquarters, so I won't be taking a picture until that has been completed first.Rob also went found the boxes of Christmas decorations required to do up the "side buffet" in preparations for our Family Christmas.  We have decided not to do the tree this year, as I really don't want to be upset with Mercedes having too much fun running in, around and behind one.  We are thinking she will have a better understanding of house manners by the time Christmas rolls around next year.



"I am really hoping by tomorrow I will have this all up and running putting us further towards "Christmas Spirit" mode."



In the meantime, I have been getting more and more Christmas Spirit, by watching (most times tearfully) Christmas movies on TV, attending Church Christmas Bazaars and Christmas Craft Shows, and just yesterday listening and watching a Video forwarded to me via email by my Auntie.This same video I am sure I had listened and watched it at least four times yesterday.  I thought about forwarding it by email to some friends and family members, but why do that when it is just as easy for me to share it here with "everyone" other then a just a few.First though the story behind the video:
While at the mall a couple of years ago, my then four year old nephew, Spencer, saw kids lined up to see Santa Claus. Having been taught as a toddler that Christmas is the holiday that Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus, he asked his mom:   "Where's the line to see Jesus"?
My sister mentioned this to my dad, who immediately became inspired and jotted words down to a song in just a few minutes. After putting music to the words, and doing a quick recording at home, he received a great response from friends. He sent the song off to Nashville without much response, except for a Christian song writer who suggested adding a bridge at the end of the first chorus.
My dad then asked if I wanted to record the song to see what we could do with it. I listened to the song, made a few changes to the words to make it flow better, and we headed to Shock City Studios.  It was at the studio where Chris, owner and producer, rewrote the 2nd verse and part of the chorus... With goose bumps and emotions high, we were all hopeful and felt like we had something special. The demo was recorded in just under 2 hours and sent off again to Nashville ... Still no response.
Then 2 weeks before Christmas last year, my cousins Greg and Robbie decided to do a video to see what we could accomplish on YouTube. The first day we had 3000 hits and it soared from there. We received e-mails, phone calls, Facebook messages from people all over asking for the music, CD's, iTunes, anything... We had nothing. After a couple of meetings with Chris following the amazing response, we got serious. We headed back into the studio this past spring... This time with guitars, drums, bass, pianos, choirs... The real deal.... And here we are today.
Getting iTunes set up, a website put together, and loving that thousands upon thousands of Christians have come together... Remembering the true meaning of Christmas.

"Merry Christmas"



Isn't this one of the most heart warming songs and videos one has every heard and watched.  I absolutely love it, thinking I will be sharing it by email with others as well, so they can forward it to their own family and friends.

I had also received another "special" email yesterday from our friend Russ, with an attachment along with it.







"I couldn't have been more surprised to see Russ had portrayed a drawing of myself & our boy, Bandit, from a picture that was taken here this past Summer."







Should anyone like such any picture drawn for themselves, please do not hesitate to contact me at justnorthofwiarton@live.ca , as I am sure Russ would be more then happy to "quote" a cost for anyone.

After a supper of pork chops done in the Slow Cooker with Cream of Mushroom soup poured over them, once the first initial grease from them had been poured off, our own garden potatoes and cream corn, it had been well after the hour of six o'clock.  By the time I had made phone calls to my niece, sister, Auntie, and the supper dishes were done it didn't take long for the rest of the evening to fly by before it was bedtime .....

This was pretty much my yesterday, partial work, purging and some parts spent in enjoyment, more then other parts ..... lol.   All in a day's adventure.

Despite there being no sunshine forecasted in the day ahead, I am choosing to put my own "sunshine" in it as I head towards a brand new adventure, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...