Sunday 4 December 2011

I Am Most Positive The Rain Is Coming Down; Who Will Stop It?

When you find yourself thinking a negative thought, stop it immediately by any means necessary. Slap yourself in the face, yell something positive at the top of your lungs or jump up and down. Do whatever it takes to get back to a positive mindset as such is essential for continual happiness and success.Should someone be used of always being in a "negative" frame of mind, so to speak, like anything good for us, it takes work to correct such a thought process. I believe I have always strived to be a "positive" thinking person, however there are and have been some life experiences which would make it difficult for anybody to stay wholly positive at all times, as we all fall short of being "perfect", thank God for that.  Trying to surround one's self  with "positive" people is very important.  How negative would it be hanging around someone all the time who is down on "everything" all the time.  I am sure the "negative" would eventually have its toll on everyone around such a person, including the person themselves?Like anything else, awareness is half the battle !  Should an "old" negative thought process pop into the head, shoot it out as fast as it had arrived by replacing it with something more "positive".  I believe the age old cliche', "Practice makes Perfect", holds to be true in most situations.  Now I am also aware that *smiles* do release "happy hormones", I try to keep on smiling .... who wouldn't want to strive to be "positively happy" all of their lives?Onto my Yesterday ..... yesterday there wasn't a whole lot of energy on my part.  I have this little problem about remembering to "pace" myself, and when this doesn't happen I have to "Pay the Price of the Piper", as eventually the exhaustion and pain does catch up with me.  Oh I long for the days when I used to go through my whole house and have it cleaned all in one day, the laundry caught up, with a meal planned and prepared for the same day.  *Sigh*  It is times like this when placing a "positive" thought process into effect is what needs to be done, otherwise I could find myself laying around wallowing with"negative" thought processes constantly firing off in my brain.  What good would that do but depress me.  How do I know all this?  I have lived it, however I have learned and am still learning to accept how some of my days are going to be, and make the best of them knowing there is more days ahead with stuff getting done in its own time, and people hopefully not judging should they come visiting.  Old "negative" thought patterns need to be gotten rid of, as it makes for a much more positive happy life in my opinion.On to the "positively" enjoyable part of my yesterday spent along with Rob going along with me to the Christmas Craft Show hosted by the Wiarton Propeller Club.  Our Christmas shopping is all done, however since we had to go downtown to the bank anyway, it was nice to grab a Tim Horton's coffee and browse through the Craft Show.


"It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talent people possess.  Good thing I am good at what I do, as I must admit "social butterflying" can be quite the talent, taking a lot of work, as well as energy some days.  LOL."

In the morning I had put some chicken drumsticks into the slowcooker, so by the time we arrived back home they were ready to have the greased drained from them and covered with sauce to cook for another hour.

"Served along baked potatoes the drumsticks were simply "delish" !  I do love my Slowcooker."


A couple of hours later, my "Crabby Cabbie" had to take his leave by heading out to do what he does best,  leaving me behind on the couch with a movie on.  I kept the dampness out by keeping the woodstove stoked the rest of the day.  I had planned to go down to the Wiarton Santa Clause Parade at 7:00 p.m., however the damp and drizzle of rain kept me back from doing that.  Just as well, as I was too tired, so I had taken the "pack" all out individually at 8:30 pm, and called it a night.

I was happy to find out I was still able to have a gained a little more "Christmas Spirit", even though I missed out on a couple of Santa Parades, by opening up an email this morning to find a picture of one of the floats which had been in Friday's Santa Parade in my hometown of Southampton.

"Look at all these bears !  They most certainly look like they are really into the "Christmas Spirit" swing of things with some strumming and carolling going on.  Awww, thanks so much Ralphy Shular, you know I appreciate it !"


You had better not shout, you had better not pout, you better not cry I am telling you why because as of 7:14 this morning ......


The Christmas Clock Countdown is still on ... check it out by "clicking" on the following link to get a more accurate countdown time in the "now" :   http://www.xmasclock.comI am thinking I will check in with my Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy, as it was raining out there first thing this morning when I was out with little Missy Mercedes, and by the sound of it outside my window it hasn't let up.

No sunshine happening in the day ahead.  Looking for something to do on a rainy day Sunday, well pop on into Owen Sound's Roxy Theatre, or tune into the CFOS Radio Station for their 72nd Annual !



Further details and phone numbers for this event can be found on the following web link:http://www.560cfos.ca/promotion.php?PromoID=589Tune in and enjoy the "Live Performers".  I believe Bruce County's very only Ralph & Friends will be on at 5:00 p.m., so I will have my listening ears on forsure.  In the meantime right now, I am going to enjoy a little "blast from my past" to see "Who'll Stop The Rain".


Grammar and spelling errors, should there be any, please lend to forgiveness.   I am positively not going to worry myself over there being any, as I am going to be enjoying a second cup of Java before I head into a new adventure in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cindy ,You are so right about keeping a postive attitude! It really helps if we can have a thankful heart not only for the big things but for the little things as well! My niece sent me a little slogan one day,it said...A perfect house ...A wasted life! I sure do agree with her,there is so much motre to life !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah ..handed out 150 cups of hot choclate last night at the parade with a little reminder of the Christmas Eve candlelight service at 7pm at frank street baptist on dec 24th

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...