Thursday 22 December 2011

Christmas Time Is Not Exempt From Every Day Living !

The only person that can make you unhappy is you! You are the one that decides to be affected by the words and actions of others. Realize this so that the next time you experience a negative emotion, you can find the strength within yourself to overcome it.This Life Lesson & Tip today could not ring truer or come at a better time for me then now.  Yesterday I caused a worry for myself that first off I did NOT cause and second of all I could NOT control.  All for the time spent worrying of what others would say or do.  Silly me, but then again this goes back to breaking those "old" thought patterns, now doesn't it?  The email I had received and opened, quite the normal thing to do, had something which I am hoping was only SPAM attached to it, then unbeknownst to me, attached "itself" to everyone on my email contact list, sending it off to them.  I spent most of my yesterday morning fretting over whether people were going to place "blame" on me for this "Internet bug" I had no control over?Well  two hours wasted by dwelling on the situation, I realized I had no control over what had happened, and what other people thought or did about it was out of my control, with me just having to accept that.  Should someone not be able to think "outside" the box, and realize it was NOT directly from me, then I suppose it is best such a person go on there own way, as I probably didn't need such a person in my life in the first place.  Hopefully this is not the case with any of my family, friends or acquaintances though, as I find them all to be "special" to me in each of their own ways.My Yesterday continued on with Rob and I dropping off the "Crabby Cabbie" mobile to have the rear brakes and alternator replaced.  Just before lunch, about the same time I was realizing I shouldn't be worrying about the other matter, we received a phone call from our mechanic explaining the used alternator was not compatible, and not only the back brakes needed replacing the whole of both drum units did as well.  *Sigh*  I was thinking to myself,  here we are trying to get a new business off to a start, only three months into it, with a couple of major vehicle repair expenses, then having Computer problems all in the same day, with Christmas Holidays at our doorstep, was there something more going to happen?  I tried to put into respective what I could control, and what I could not control.  I decided to put a *smile* on my face and carried on with thoughts of persons and things that make me feel good.  There are much worse things in life then the mechanics of vehicle faulting, with the timing arriving at usually the most inopportune time, or worrying over something you had no control over in the first place.  As far as Christmas?  well I am not going to stress out over wanting to enjoy this time with my Family & Friends, so worry to the back burner where it belongs and on with enjoying living life as it should be.

"Once I shook off the "worry" I got back to the task of "living" by making Rob and I a Beer Cheddar Cheese Bread to go along with our Dinner of Homemade Chili.  This Bread Recipe was the "Recipe of the Month" for December in Cindy's Recipe Exchange, and I can testify myself it is a wonderful hearty wholesome bread, a complimentary side to any main dish of stew or chili."

I know I have posted this recipe for the bread before, however until I figure out how to embed the recipes within the sides of my blog, under proper headings, I will just have to make due with what I know now on how to do things, so I am sure here it is again.Quick Bread Recipe ~ Submitted by Tammy Brough-Middleton to Cindy's Recipe Exchange
 
Ingredients::
 
3 Cups of Flour
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
12 oz (1 bottle or can) of dark beer (Rickards Dark or Guinness are good!)

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together
Add cheddar cheese.
Add Bottle of beer and stir in (not too much)
Transfer ingredients into a 5 by 9 pan (spray first)
Drizzle 2-4 Tbsp of butter over the top. Put in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes

*NOTE:  Tammy states it is amazing toasted !
My oven must be a little less heat intense, as the bread was not fully cooked at the bottom.  I think 50-60 minutes would work much better in my oven, as we all know Temps can vary from oven to oven, so please note this fact when trying out this recipe.  I often wonder if people ever try out any of the recipes I post to my blog, as I never hear from any if they have, and would love to do so any time by way of comment at the bottom of a post or by email.Yesterday I got the spare bedroom/computer room, our bedroom and the bathroom, as well as a few other little things done.  After I came home from my walk last night, I gazed around enjoying the clean and organized feeling I usually get after I have mastered such an accomplishment all in a couple of days time.



Yes, I must drink this all in while I can, as after 7:00 p.m. tonight, it will not be long after these pictures will no longer be my reality once the "Rip-tail Snorters" have made their entry through our doors.  LOL."








I am pretty sure I got a good handle on things the past couple of days, left with only the floors to be dusted and lightly mopped, two pans of lasagna, along with an apple pie made for tomorrow's Dinner, and something thrown in the Slow Cooker for tonight's Supper.  Once that is all done, I think I can call it a "day" !Weather for the day?  I best be checking that out since my Crew will be making their way up here at some point late in this day, long after our "Crabby Cabbie" has left for work I would think.

The rain will cause not so much a problem, with hopefully the flurries being light, and also not causing to much havoc for my "Crabby Cabbie" out on the roads tonight.It won't be long now before I will be singing out to my two "Rip-Tail Snorters" ....

Aiden & Connor will have fun dancing around to this "rockin" tune, and since their parents think I am nuts already, I guess they will be having no fun and just have to sit it out ..... lol.

Lots to do, with yet another trip to the local store to be made, as I head out towards a new adventure in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. Great post on worry... There's no point on stressing out over something that is beyond our control. We just have to have faith that it'll all work out in the end.. :) The bread looks delicious! And your house looks lovely! I have more housework to do today.. but it'll be done before Christmas all the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Cindy ,always enjoy your posts !

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...