Monday 28 November 2011

A Good Start: Thought About It, Wrote It Down, Went & Bought It


It’s ridiculous to think that we have one body, one sole means of functioning, and people are too lazy to take care of themselves. Fit bodies lead to better health, confidence and more success with romantic endeavors. I’d say those are 3 very good reasons to get in shape.
Too funny this is the "tip" today from Life Secrets & Tips, as I just literally finished reading an article by the SparkPeople on Exercising with Arthritis:  Getting Started.  The whole way through the article just confirmed pretty much everything I have been learning at the VON SMART course I have been taking for how many weeks now?  This article addressed three of the five components I have been learning about in the past several weeks.  I hope the read can be as informative to others as much as it has further validated what I am doing with the VON SMART is one of the "BEST" things we could all be doing for ourselves: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=817&ref=eBestOf11-28The VON SMART Program is available to Men and Women, 55 years plus.  VON can be contacted by locating an office across Canada through their website:  http://www.von.ca/en/locations/default.aspxNot 55 years of age, then why not contact VON engaging yourself as a Volunteer in their SMART Program, or  one of their many other programs.What a rain day yesterday, was it not?  The heavens opened up and the rains came tumbling down, or should I saying "teeming" down.My "Crabby Cabbie"  didn't arrive home yesterday morning until the "wee" hours of the morning again.  It can actually be amusing some mornings when he comes in, as I am usually wide awake chattering away to him when he walks into our bedroom.  It was "extra" special yesterday morning, as he had brought something along home for me ....."How much better does it get then a "Timmies" double cream at 4:00 a.m.; delivered at that!"

I must be doing something right some of the time to be so deserving ...... or was it a ploy to keep me quiet so he could get some much needed sleep to rid himself of his "crabbiness" ?  Will I ever know for sure???  LOLWith the "pack" all looked after, and my "Crabby Cabbie" snoring away in his getting "uncrabby" world, I sat myself down and made a list what I am going to be making for Christmas goodies this 2011.  Since it has been in my thoughts to do this, it was high time I got around to it.  This is what I came up with:1)  Easy Chocolate Walnut Fudge;2)  Chocolate Mice;3)  Holiday Pretzels (new to me);4)  Marshmallow Rolls (Rob's favorite);5)  Mom's Christmas Cookies (originally my Grandmother Masterson's Icebox cookie recipe, I believe);6)  Rocky Roads; 7)  Gooey Chocolate Cranberry Squares (new to me);8)  Lemon Bars (new to me, but my Aunties recipe);9)  Shortbread Cookies (Rob stated he did NOT like shortbread, my own favorite, until I made them last year & miraculously developed a "liking" to them).I kept everyone in mind when I came up with this selection, of the "likes" what of the "most".  I love cranberries in baking (not alongside Turkey though, as Rob does), so I thought I would try the new Gooey Chocolate Cranberry Square recipe for me.  Also I do have to admit I really loved the Salty Sweet of the Holiday Pretzels when I tasted them at the Roth Family Christmas get together, so those will be for me too, and the grandchildren maybe will "like" them with the colourful M & M's they have on top.With the Christmas goodies list complete, I then had to patiently wait until my dear "Crabby Cabbie" had lots of sleep so we could battle the crowds of the Owen Sound stores together.Speaking of Owen Sound, I just found out this weekend that CANADA AM is coming to Owen Sound this Wednesday !!!  Oh man, I will miss Jeff Hutcheson, as he has been one of my favorites from days gone by in the CKCO Kitchener days, way back when ?  as I will be at the VON SMART last course session.
Oh well, I did get to read all about it at the following link:http://swo.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111123/canadaam-owen-sound-20111123/20111123/?hub=SWOHomeKudos again to Grey-Bruce Counties, and anyone else, whose vote took home the win for the Owen Sound Salvation Army's Food Bank !!!  How nice CANADA AM is coming to Owen Sound to recognize the support of the communities coming all together !My "Crabby Cabbie" did awaken and go to Owen Sound with me where I was able to get all the supplies needed for my Christmas Goodies List."Oops, the leeks and grapes aren't part of the supplies required to make the Christmas Goodies, they have obviously just gotten an "honorable" show in this picture, as this was only part of the bags unpacked at this point."

"The "Crabby Cabbie's" vehicle will even have a Christmas Santa Claus Mascot !  I don't think I will be convincing Rob to wear the Reindeer Antlers though .... "

This was pretty much all of the "highlights" of my yesterday.  The preparing of all the Christmas Goodies will be another adventure or two, in days to come.We got back home to a roast of Peameal bacon done in the Slow-cooker, and had ourselves a meal of Peameal, boiled cabbage and our own garden grown new potatoes.  Yummy !I wonder if people who read my "blog" have noticed when I have been using the word Christmas, that Christ has been in bold.  I have joined a Facebook group, "Put Christ Back into Christmas".  This is my way of showing I have been & still am putting "Christ" back into "Christmas".  This same group can be found on Facebook, should you have a Facebook account, and found as follows:  https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6411854348 .This being my opinion, as it is my "blog", I believe as Christians in Canada, and around the World, this one more way to show where we stand in this respect.I need to get some "stuff" done inside today, so I am really not to concerned with what it is going to be too much outside today.  However if there is some sunshine it will help me by shining through my windows making it easier for me to locate the many "dust bunnies" who reside here with us all year long.

Just a "little" bit of YELLOW peeking out from behind that cloud cover, but nothing too promising.  Guess I am just going to have to check out the regular "dust bunny" haunts to see if I can get me some there ...I wonder what my adventure will end up being in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...