Tuesday 4 October 2011

Recalls, Apples, Chickens & Lighthouses ????

I was on another date with that Mr. Insomnia guy with him putting me through the wringer again.  Wow when will I ever learn to lock "ALL" the doors and windows before I retire for the evening?  Note to one's self again .... now only to  figure out how I am going to be able close off the woodstove pipe and have a fire at the same time?    Let me tell you, he can be quite the persistent type !

Now I have almost a whole cup of Java into me, maybe I can try to carry on here with my yesterday ...... I am soooooo tired, I will really have to "think" harder then I usually do !

We had to take our van into Owen Sound as Ford had a recall on the frame to be reinforced, so that was a definite to "get done", so off we went at 7:45 a.m. to make it there for our 8:30 a.m. appointment.

"Here we were heading down the North hill into Wiarton as we make our way towards Owen Sound."


Since it was to be a 3 hour "fix", the week before I had made sure they were going to give us a loaner.  We dropped our van off in good time, picked up the loaner and made our way to the other end of Owen Sound to do a bit of shopping at Walmart.

"Before we got into the loaner, I noticed we had a hitchhiker that apparently was going to go along for the ride."



After we did a bit of shopping at Walmart carried on to the Restore, to Deals, First Choice Haircutters......

".... where my "Crabby Cabbie" got a little spiffed up."


..... and for lunch at  Subway, then on to Giant Tiger, the Dollarama, and Staples when it was finally the noon hour.  The whole time were were in and out of stores it poured rain !  Nothing like adding insult to the injury of trying to put in time.

I called the Ford Dealership to ensure our van was ready to go, only to be told "no" as there had been another recall on the back frame to be reinforced and it would be another 2 hours !  We were NOT impressed, as if we had known, we would have went back home to spend 5 hours there doing something more constructive instead of trying to "kill time" and "spending money" shopping in and around Owen Sound !  *Sigh*, after finding that out we got ourselves a coffee and went over to the TSC store to "kill" some more time by picking up the Chicken Scratch we needed.

Finally at 2:00 p.m. we picked up the van to make our way back home to "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard", but not before we made a stop in Hepworth to get some apples for Rob's lunches at Barbetta Orchard's Apple stand in the parking lot of the old Duffy's Tavern.

"The variety of apples at Barbetta's stand is absolutely "wonderful" along with there being pumpkins, squash and gourds."



"If anyone has never tasted a Honey Crisp apple, it is a definite "must try" !  These apples are so good they even have their own website at http://honeycrisp.org/ ...... lol. "



"There is Barbetta's very own onsite salesman, Mark, looking on to ensure his customers are enjoying their sample of apple he had so graciously provided them with.  I can almost bet it is a Honey Crisp Apple !"



"I was never going to remember the hours of the Apple Stand, so I  just took a picture to make my life much easier and cause my memory less burden then it already has."



I can't help but notice how these hours have been made to be a convenience to the working family by the stand staying open until 6:30 or 7:00 all but Monday.

We finally made it back to our home where  I first attended to Bandit & Lexus' needs, and Rob looked after the chicken population.

"Here they all are making a "mad dash" into where Rob is pouring the scratch into their feeders."



"Only to be shooed away so he could get it done ..... "



" .... with them right back in, in a matter of seconds, like a bunch of dirty shirts ..... lol."



We finally unloaded our purchases, making our way to our Lazy Boy chairs for a bit of a rest after our food perishables were safely put away.  After I made our bed and returned a couple of phone calls, we made our way back out the door, only to head off to Southampton to attend to a couple of things needing attending to .... but not without enjoying a couple of sights while we were there ....

"This picture was taken at the mouth of the Saugeen River looking across Lake Huron towards Chantry Island just before dusk, where you can quite easily pick out the Island's Lighthouse."



"Here is one of Southampton's Lighthouses which is located at the end of the dock, again at the mouth of the Saugeen River.  What a calming effect on one's self while looking out beyond the Lighthouse toward the water and the sky."



"This Lighthouse is located at the entrance of the bridge that goes across the Saugeen River, if  one was to be heading into Southampton along Hwy 21 from Owen Sound."



Hopefully sometime next year, Rob and I will be able take a day and go for a tour on our Motorcycle and have ourselves a Bruce County Lighthouse Adventure .

The grand finale to our day was once again to return back to our home by 8:00 p.m. where I had received an email from We Are Pet Nation, with a video attached of September 2011's Pets of the Month, with our very own "Checkerboard Aussies", Bandit and Lexus in this very same video.

Many thanks to We Are Pet Nation for all the sharing and caring they have towards all the love we have for our pets.  I am sure it is near impossible to imagine how many hours WAPN put in going through people's emails they have received with pictures, descriptions and stories about these same people's pets !  Once again, thank you WAPN for sharing and caring the way you do.

http://www.youtube.com/wearepetnation

Thanks again, WAPN, for included Bandit & Lexus in your Pet of the Month video, as it is a wonderful honor for all of us .... woof woof !

If anyone is on Facebook, it is very easy to find We Are Pet Nation, by just typing it in on the top search box of your Facebook page.  They can also be followed on Twitter by searching them @WeArePetNation, where they could use some more support to build their Twitter account.  Do not ask me what this means as I am not really sure too much about Twitter other then I have set up an Twitter account under Cindy@justnorthofwiarton where I can be followed at, but to know how it all works at the moment ..... nope.

I am not the one to be asking about such matters, however would love to have someone explain it all to me anytime!!!  I can be contacted, obviously on Twitter or by email at justnorthofwiarton@live.ca , if anyone would be brave enough to offer an explanation in "layman's terms" .... lol.

Onto what the Wiarton Airport weatherman guy has to say for the up and coming day ahead ....









.... I am already liking the part about "clearing this morning" .

I am so tired, I can't believe I got that all out !  Enough is enough, and I still have a whole day ahead of myself, right after I have that 2nd cup of Java first, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...