Saturday 20 August 2011

My First Day Back Home From My Home Away From Home

I returned back home Thursday morning, around 9:30 a.m., after leaving my "Home Away From Home" at the early morning hour of 6:33 a.m..  I wasn't getting any sleep anyway with so much on my mind, so as soon as there was a sign of daybreak I took my leave to head back home to "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

What a reception I had, first off with Rob out in the driveway, I am sure anticipating my arrival, with a "big" bear hug and a "kiss" (much to my delight, if not his...lol, since he isn't much of the smoochy type).  Oh then onto Bandit's greeting with lots of happy, happy body language, growls of happiness and wet kisses.  Who else left, but Missy Lexus' greeting....well, she almost bowled me over in her excitement of seeing me, not realizing her strength and over exuberance ....lol.  It couldn't have been a more "joyful" arrival home for me then what it was.

After all the initial greetings were over with, I had to make my morning phone call to the Gander Hospital to first see how my sister, Jeanne, was doing before anything else.  Once hearing some "positive" news there from her attending Nurse, I was able to pass on the information to other family members and go forward with the rest of my day.

Rob had already plans to meet up with Ralph Shular in Hepworth to check out a tractor he had heard about, and thinking Ralph might be interested, as he is a collector of such things (or so I get the impression he is, as I have been to his home taking notice of some old things as such in his yard).  We got ready and off we went on our Motorcycle to meet up with Ralph.  I wasn't going to be left behind with wanting to spend time with Rob after being away from home for so long ! 

Once we met up with Ralph, Rob took us down a gravel side road, not too far out of Hepworth, which turned into a "No Winter Maintenance Road" that was not more then a washed out cow path at some points.  So here we go in with our Motorcycles, the determined "Goldwing" in the lead with the "Harley" not too far behind......then I hear a noise thinking the "Harley" bottomed out; the "Honda" looks back to see the "Harley has came to a stop.  Apparently "Harley" has had a spring come off its kickstand and was then dragging, so "Honda" took him a bungee cord back to fix him up.


"The sensible gal that is just along for the ride says, "these aren't trail bikes boys".... LOL."




"With "Harley" all fixed up "Honda" gets ready to carry on down the "cow path"."




We finally make it to our destination to find nobody at home and no tractor was to be found either....although there was a very "large" dog who was disturbed by us, with not one of us wanting to venture too close to where he was located.  Rob decided we might find the "tractor" in question further up the road where he thought the guys father lived.

Further up the cow path we travel to pull into the very first place at the end of the "cow path".  Wouldn't you know it, Ralphy knew the man that lived there, and I might add it wasn't the tractor guys father either....lol.  Not only did Ralph know the man, the man owned an "old" 1928 truck that not too long ago belonged to Ralph !


"Not quite sure what it is, however the now owner told us he got a "great" deal on the new tires it is sporting, somewhere in Hershey, Pennsylvania.  I am sure those tires are the very "best" parts that are part of the "whole" truck by the looks of it?"





This man not only had this old truck, but he had another old truck in a little bit better condition, or I thought so anyway.....


"Looking pretty good from what I seen of both sides....."





Since Ralph needed a spring for the Harley's kickstand, the man took them into his barn where there was a whole pail full of springs, and Ralph found a couple that would work.


"This "Notice of Auction" was posted inside the barn."




"Some indepth investigation into the fixing of the missing spring going on here."




"Here you see the proud "Honda" owner holding up the "Harley" owner's "Harley" whilst its owner is reparing it......lol."



The spring did get replaced, but before we took our leave .....


"I am sure there was another tale being weaved about that old truck Ralphy used to own."




We made our way back to a main road where Ralph went one way and we went the other back to our respective homes.  That was a "full" morning in itself !

We spent the afternoon puttering with this and that with Rob having a full blown "snooze" and I having a "cat nap".  Once he awoke we decided I would have a break from cooking and go to our favorite Chinese Restaurant in Owen Sound for supper that night.

I really enjoyed our supper, even more so that I didn't have to make it or clean up after it.  Then I really enjoyed our drive back home.


"Rob took the "scenic route" which just sometimes relaxes a person."




By the time we arrived back home, Rob and I were both very tired, and both were in bed by 10:00 p.m.., and I am sure both asleep by 10:05. 

Despite how tired I was on my first day back home, I had a quite the variety of a day with lots of affection, some laughs, good food, relaxation, and most important....my own bed !

Yesterday was a good day too, with Rob back to work and me returning to my "somewhat" regular routine.  I could tell Bandit and Lexus really missed me, as they were still overjoyed to spend time with me yesterday, and I them.

Today the Wiarton Weatherman says:


Today:


Mainly sunny. Increasing cloudiness this morning with 60 percent chance of showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h this afternoon. High 26. UV index 5 or moderate.


Tonight:


Rain at times heavy ending before morning then partly cloudy. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening. Amount 20 to 30 mm. Low 15.


I sure hope those rain showers hold off, as it is the annual Grey-Bruce Motorcycle Touring Club's Toy Ride, more information at the following website link:

http://canadianriders.wordpress.com/

It says, "rain or shine", so I am hoping there is more shine then anything for them, as it is for a good cause.

Back to reality for me today, as there is three loads of laundry to do (before it rains), some general tidying up, lots of stuff in the veggie garden that needs my attention.....so here I go, once again, off and running into my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...