Saturday 6 August 2011

Crabby Cabbie Appears On Facebook !

Yes sirree, yawning most certainly does stretch my mouth to quite the extreme widths I am sure; if I could only see myself yawning in a mirror, but my eyes are usually closed at the same time I am having these tremendously big "yawns", LOL.  Then there are the tears running down my face resulting from the extremity of the huge yawns.....some sight I must be this morning?

Okay enough of that yawning business, the kettle has boiled so I am going to head out to my kitchen for, obvious facts, a much needed cup of Java ! 

There now that Bandit and Lexus have been let out, coffee and creamer gotten (as the coffers were bare as someone, not to mention any names, ROB, did not replenish them), two pots of water put on the stove to boil, and a coffee now in front of me, I can get to the business at hand here.

The "Masterson Family Reunion" is almost peeking around the corner at me, so I need to get cracking on what I am making to take along for the "pot luck" luncheon.  In Rob's opinion, the luncheon is the best part of the whole renuion; umm why does that not surprise me?  LOL

I am making a Macroni Garden Salad, Fudgy Raspberry Marble Brownies and meatballs in BBQ sauce in the slowcooker (these I won't do until tomorrow morning, as I have just bought two boxes of frozen pre-made Meatballs, so not to cause any more work then necessary for myself).

Fudgy Raspberry Marble Brownies (Recipe from: Candianliving Recipes)

Ingredients
    1 cup raspberries , fresh or thawed 4 oz unsweetened chocolate , 1/4 cup butter , 3 eggs 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar 1/2 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup all-purpose flour Cream Cheese Filling: 3/4 cup cream cheese , softened 1/2 cup butter , softened 1/2 cup granulated sugar 2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
Preparation:

Line 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal cake pan with parchment paper or grease; set aside.

Cream Cheese Filling:

In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until fluffy; beat in sugar. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Stir in flour. Set aside.

Press raspberries through fine sieve to remove seeds. Set pur?aside.

In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with butter; let cool.  In separate bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale and thickened, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and raspberry pur? Stir in flour and chocolate mixture.

Scrape three-quarters of the chocolate batter into prepared pan. Spread cream cheese filling over top. Dollop with remaining batter; swirl with tip of knife to create marble effect.

Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it, about 35 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack. Remove from pan. Cut into squares.

(Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze in airtight container for up to 1 month.)

Garden Macaroni Salad (Recipe from: Catelli Recipes)

Preparation: 35 minutes Chill: 2 hours or overnight

1 pkg. (500 g) Catelli Ready Cut Macaroni
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) zesty Italian salad dressing
2 cups (500 ml) small broccoli flowerets
2 cups (500 ml) small cauliflowerets
2 cups (500 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 red or yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 1/2 cups (375 ml) cubed cooked ham or pepperoni (optional)
1 cup (250 ml) diced cheddar or mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup (175 ml) sliced green onions

Cook macaroni according to package directions. In a large bowl, toss hot macaroni with dressing. Add remaining ingredients; toss to mix. Cover; chill 2 hours or overnight. Toss gently before serving.

Makes about 24 servings (24 cups / 6 L ).

NOTE: For fewer servings, reduce all ingredients by half.

For the brownie recipe, I am hoping there will be enough fresh raspberries I can pick off my own canes this morning, so I don't have to take out and thaw any from the freezer.  Since the water is now boiled on the stovetop, I can also get going on cooking the macaroni here very shortly.

Not too much exciting went on here yesterday to speak of, with the exception of having a "surprise" brought to my attention on my Facebook page with regards to my very own "Crabby Cabbie" ! 

Could you imagine my expression when I was directed by the comment on my Facebook page of "Rough Copy, hope you like it" over top of the following:



I was amazed and awe struck I am sure when I first seen this !  It most certainly does stand out !

LOL, I couldn't believe how accurate the resemblance was caught by the artist by just meeting Rob once and having a photo or two of Rob at hand !  The artist to take credit for this most wonderful "amusing" logo, is Russ Ewing, who is my niece, Joanne's friend.  He is very creative type of guy, and some of his work can be found on it's own Facebook page under "Stinky Dog" at the follwing link:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_198537536845459&ap=1#!/pages/Stinky-Dog/133344993369549

....so feel free to hop on over there to check some of his "stuff" out.  Contact information is also included under his page, however if you are unable to find, please feel free to contact me at justnorthofwiarton@live.ca  and I will forward the necessary information to anyone interested.

Should you like to see the "Crabby Cabbie" logo a little larger, just click on it a couple times where it will bring you into another window with a larger view.

I am pretty sure I heard rain in the forecast for today at some point on the radio yesterday, so I best be checking in with Wiarton's Airport weather guy.

Today:

Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. High 27. UV index 6 or high.
 

Tonight:

Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers early this evening. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Low 16.


Yes, there is is right out front and center, 30 percent rain and chance of a thunderstorm.  The weatherman is always right when you want him to be "wrong", is he not?  *Sigh*, such is life....

I need to get myself dressed and downtown to the grocery store to pick up a few essentials for  those two items I am preparing/making today, before the mad grocery store rush begins.

Can't help myself but here I go, once again, off and running without a second cup of Java in me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

1 comment:

  1. when is the reunion? I like the sound of the macaroni salad might just make that one myself.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...