Sunday 22 May 2011

We Made It To Today & The "Puppy" Made It Through The Night !

Here I sit at 5:42, sipping on my coffee, almost twelve hours pass the "apparent" Judgement Day.

Those poor souls caught up in such a "crazy" frenzy of believing....believing all the "wrong" things.  We don't know what is going to happen in the "next" second of our lives, how can we know down to a date & time.  ....and just think of all the money wasted right along with it, which could have been helping so many "less unfortunate".  Such is the "World".

Not only did I make it through the night, I made it through the night in "quietness", as our little unclaimed boy went his first night alone with a "huge" success !!!  Once put to his bed at 9:00 pm, there was only 1/2 hour of sorrow, and not another "peep" until 5:15 this morning.  Not one little "accident" in his crate, I might add.  Wow, I was certainly impressed, as I can remember walking up the lane with his Mother at 3:00 am many mornings.

He isn't too happy now, as he is back in his "crate" until a more suitable hour to be placed outside.

The last little girl "puppy" was claimed by her new owners at 10:00 am, yesterday, as well as being given her new name of "Scout". I am curious on how well she did on her first night alone without her siblings.  I am sure she will be getting lots of love and attention in her new home with Jane & Jed.  They left with promises of emailing me the occasional update & pictures.  Hopefully so, as I am curious on how "our" puppies are doing.

When I woke up this morning, just after 4:00 am, noticing Rob was still not home from work, I gave him a call around 5:00 am.  He had just dropped off another "fare" and was going to call it a day.  He was home by the time Puppy & I were heading outside, with a Tim Horton's coffee in hand; I was so looking forward to that coffee.....thanks Tim Horton's, once again you have messed up the order !  Yech it was a double, double coffee, and I only take double cream in my coffee.  Rob will be double fisting coffees when he wakes up later today.

Here it is at 5:25am "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard":



I can hardly wait until the "clematis" fills in, with the lights coming through the leaves.  It should look pretty awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I had such an "awesome" day yesterday!!!  The weather was "wonderful" and the company couldn't have been "better"!

Our friends, Doug and Vicki were unable to bring their motorcycle this time around with them, however dropped in for a quick visit before heading up to Stoke's Bay to setup their 5th Wheel trailer for a weekend of camping out.

Rob & I headed out for a "toot" going down to Wiarton's newest French Fry place for some lunch.  I indulged by allowing myself a single piece of fish with chips.  Very good french fries.....  Then we made off to Hepworth where we stopped at a store there that sells reclaimed goods; Rob bought two shirts & I made a find of three "delightful" snowmen, and all for the cost of $7.00.

Here they are with my kitchen cat, "IKE":



Best be behaving yourself, IKE, as you don't want to be replaced by these "three" guys come Christmas time......LOL.

We were just gearing back up to take our leave from the store, when our neighbours, Doug & Connie, happened by on their motorcycle.  We all decided we would take a "tour" up to Stoke's Bay to see how Doug & Vicki were making out on their setup.  We had a another great ride and visit once we arrived there, stopping for coffee before our return home at 6:00 pm.

Once home, we attended to Bandit, Lexus & the "puppy" before I whipped up a Caesar Salad for our supper to complete what I thought to be a most "fantastic" day.

I can not believe I didn't take my camera with me on our "tour" !!!  I am really slipping these past few days.....or has it been the past few weeks?  LOL, who knows ?????

Oh I almost forget, I did get my "Herb" garden started with the planting of Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano, Lemon Balm and Parsley:




I also managed to have a few minutes to look at my "new" old Crockery Cooking The Easy Way book, and found one recipe that drew my interest for a Parisienne Chicken:

Chicken Parisienne ~ Crockery Cooking The Easy Way

6 medium chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
Paprika
1/2 cup dry white wine or vermouth (optional)
10 1/2 ounces cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 cup mushrooms
1 cup dairy sour cream

Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper and paprika. Place chicken breasts in pot. Mix white wine, soup, and mushrooms until well combined, stirring in sour cream. NOW if you will be cooking on LOW, Pour over chicken breasts in pot. Sprinkle with more paprika. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours. (HIGH: 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours with sour cream added during the last 30 minutes.) Serve chicken with rice or noodles, and pour sauce over all. Serves 4 to 6.

I am going to be sure to try this recipe out in the very near future....sounds good to me.

Let's see what the Wiarton Airport forecast has to say about the weather being cooperative for May 24 Firework Celebrations this evening:

Today:

Cloudy. A few showers beginning this morning and ending this afternoon. High 20. UV index 5 or moderate.

Tonight:

Cloudy. Wind becoming south 30 km/h before morning. Low 14.


Hopefully they are right, and the showers are ended by this afternoon in time for this evenings Firework festivities at Wiarton's Bluewater Park; I am hoping I am right about the Fireworks.  It is amazing that we can view the fireworks from our dining room window, or weather and black flies permitting, from our outside deck.

Let's see what am I going to do with my day today, taking into consideration my "Crabby Cabbie" husband will be asleep until at least the noon hour, and there is a huge "chance" of rain this morning.....ummm, maybe if the rain holds off I could take Mother along for the ride & see if there are still any "Garage Sales" out and about town.

For the time being, I think I will make a "beeline" for my kitchen for that second cup of Java, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...