Tuesday 31 May 2011

Watch Out Weeds, Here Comes the Japanese Garden Hoe !

Ha,ha,ha....yesterday wasn't such a heat wave at all, however I think they messed up again with today being the hot and humid day.  I am thinking I will be keeping my water bottle & ventilator for my asthma close at hand if it is going to be as humid as they say it will be.

Today:

Sunny. Fog patches dissipating early this morning. Wind becoming southwest 30 km/h late this morning. High 32 except 25 near Lake Huron. UV index 9 or very high

Tonight:

Increasing cloudiness then 60 percent chance of showers this evening and after midnight. Becoming cloudy periods after midnight. Risk of a thunderstorm this evening and after midnight. Wind southwest 30 km/h. Low 14.


I think I will be turning off my computer tonight if there is going to be a risk of a thunderstorm, as I certainly don't want my computer to be knocked out!

Yesterday I found it somewhat cool until the sun decided to appear about 11:00 am.  I was weeding a flower bed at the North side of the house, where it was rather a pleasant place to be.  At the same time, there Rob had built a new front entrance deck last fall, and he was able to finish it all but the staining/painting of it.

My accomplishment, with the exception of Rob doing the edging for me (thanks Rob):



Rob's accomplishment:



I loved how he installed the solar lights on each corner of the deck flooring; I was so tired last night I forgot to go check them out after the sun went down.  Maybe tonight.

We were just two very busy little, or maybe not so little, beavers yesterday.  Always those unfinished items that are left late into the Fall that never get finished when the weather turns so quickly into Winter.

I can't believe how fortunate I was to be given some perennials as well as a climbing rose bush from friends of ours that live not too far away.  Rob and I drove over last night after supper, where Rob dug up a couple lupins, Hosta and the rose bush for us.  We got home and got them planted right away.  I surely hope they do survive, as I was very grateful to have them given to me.



When I was out early this morning with Bandit, Lexus and the "One & Only", I made sure to give them all a good soaking of water that hopefully will sustain them through the day.

I wandered around into our backyard yesterday to notice the Lady Slippers had came into full bloom.  What a beautiful sight they are with their dainty little slippers hanging from them:



Their bright yellow colour is one of the first to brighten our flower bed around the pond.  Which reminds me, another thing for Rob to get cleaned out yet, the "Pond".  *Sigh* One more thing for Honey Rob's things to do list, that he doesn't think he has.....LOL.

I came across a really interesting recipe off the Tenderflake website, or what I thought to be interesting, to make when the Grandchildren come.  How many children can resist peanut butter & jelly?  or older "kids" for that matter?



Doesn't that look yummy?  This is the link to the recipe:

 http://www.tenderflake.com/Forms/Recipe.aspx?ID=1028

Now all I have to do is remember to try it when the grandsons come to visit next.  The challenge for me will be the remembering, not the making part.  LOL

Now that the good weather is approaching, at hopefully at a good speed, most suppers can hopefully be done out on the barbecue.  Last night we had Mild Italian Sausage, homefries and a garden salad.  Aw, I so love "easy & quick", as well as "good & simple", wouldn't anyone?

I think I had better be heading out into that "great outdoors" to get started on the weeding of the flower bed on the other side of the front deck before it gets too hot for me to be able to breath out there.

My most used garden tools, my favorite being the "Japenese Garden Hoe", my friend Tim made me years ago (the one wrapped in duct tape, of course):



I suppose Lexus and Bandit will enjoy helping me, as my "Crabby Cabbie" has now left the building, however I don't know if they will be able to manage the edging shovel as well.  LOL.

Onward and outward will I go arming myself with my homemade Japanese Garden Hoe to take on an army of weeds, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...