Wednesday 25 May 2011

A Show Of Kindess Goes A Long Way & Then Some.

It is still a bit chilly outside this morning, but then again it was only 5:15 am when I was out with Bandit, Lexus & the "One & Only".  I am sure it will be warming up more then it is now.


Today:


Increasing cloudiness. Showers at times heavy beginning late this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm late this afternoon. High 17. UV index 6 or high



Tonight:


Showers at times heavy with risk of a thunderstorm. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Low 10.



Yes there it is a high of 17, along with more rain.  That is alright as Rob managed to get the whole lawn cut yesterday.  We can just sit back and listen to it grow again, as seemly it has been growing that fast with all the moisture we have been getting.

Since it was a overcast and cold morning yesterday, Rob and I decided we might as well go to Owen Sound for some shopping, since all the better then Wiarton stores are located there.  In better I mean Walmart, Canadian Tire, No Frill, Giant Tiger, etc., etc......you know, the big box stores.

Before we were on our way I had a stop at the Wiarton Hospital first. 

A couple of months ago, I had an Ultra Sound done at the Diagnostic Imaging department at the Wiarton Hospital.  Me being the talker I am (either from boredom, nervousness, or just me being me), the gal doing the Ultra Sound and I struck up a conversation, if memory serves me correct, the subject was Menopause.

I can't quite remember why, maybe because I had just started "blogging", however she shared some information with me, and I shared my email address with her, emailing my blog link to her on my return home.  Lo & behold and must to my surprise, Miss Diane has been reading my daily blog every since, as well as us both keeping in contact here and there the past couple of months through emails.

Through an email over the weekend, Diane and I shared some thoughts over garden and plants.  This being the reason of my dropping around to the Wiarton Hospital as I was dropping off some perennials to share with her.  This would be the first time we had seen each other since our first meeting.

What can I say.....meeting her again, for the second time, was as pleasant as our first meeting.  Chatting just went along in a most natural comfortable fashion.  I was taken back when she told me she had a "little" something for me as well.  My spirits rose and my heart was touched with Diane's thoughtfulness, as her gift to me couldn't have been more appropriate:


The surprise and delight on my face must have been one of sheer ecstasy.  Not only did she gift this recipe book to me, but also sent along something for my Mother, that had belonged to her Mother:


An Easter egg decorated pendant from the "Joan River's Collection".  This is where my heart was so touched by Diane's generosity and caring soul. 

Thank you so ever much, Diane, you absolutely "made" my day, and I am sure many more whenever thoughts of your kindness and generosity come to my mind.

Much to my delight as well, Diane has also tried several recipes I have made and posted from time to time.

 This is a picture of Diane's "creation" of the "Slow Cooker Honey Garlic" Chicken, that she had emailed me May 7th:



Is this not a "Classy" picture with Diane's Heritage Bear, (created from her Mother's fur coat I might add), as her mascot....and a glass of wine.  Diane, thank you, once again, for your kindness and sharing.

The trip to Owen Sound went very quickly for me, as I was deep into reading the recipe book Diane had gave me.  I have already a couple of recipes picked out to try in the very near future, so stay tuned !

As we all know, a by the time we return from a shopping trip, return home to unpack all the purchases, we are pretty much done for the day.....ho hum.  However, after a bit of lunch and a coffee to boost our energy, Rob went out to cut the very tall grass that was not going to resemble a lawn for much longer, and I set out to get the kitchen floor washed, as well as completing a couple of other unsavoury jobs, like clean the bathroom toilets.  These things just "have" to be done.

For last night's supper, I had wanted to use up some of the leftover cottage roll ham, so I found a recipe for a Ham and Cheese Quiche:

9" pie shell
6 eggs beaten
1 c. shredded cheese (I used marble cheddar)
1 c. chopped ham
1 - 4 oz. can of sliced mushrooms, drained (I used fresh)
1 c. Half & Half creamer
2 tbsp. minced onion
1/2 tsp. salt (I omitted)
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. pepper

Brush pie shell with a little of the beaten eggs; prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork.  Bake in a preheated 450* F oven for 5 minutes; remove.  Reduce oven heat to 375* F.

Stir together cheese, ham and mushrooms; arrange evenly on pie shell bottom.  Add remaining ingredients to beaten eggs and pour over cheese mixture.

Bake in a 375* F oven for 30-35 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.  Leave stand for 5 minutes before serving.

From beginning:



To the end:



Was this ever good !  The best I have ever made yet.  Rob & I both rated this a 10 Star Plus, it was that good.  Another tried, tested and true recipe to be added to my collection of favorites.

I received an email from Jane and Jed the other day, the new owners of the female Red Merle puppy, "Scout", on Monday.  They reported the ride home Saturday was not a very good one with a bit of car sickness from all ends, however there has been successful travels since then.  I am confident "Scout" will fit right in in no time at all & be running her new owner's "hearts" in a heartbeat (pardon the pun).

So far the sun is out in full force here, so I am somewhat confident it will be warming up here today.  Maybe I will try to sneak a load of laundry outside to dry on the line before the forecasted showers arrive, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...