Sunday 1 May 2011

"May" Has Arrived So Stop Already With The Rainshowers ??????

Upon rising and looking out my bedroom window this morning, it is looking very overcast and windy.  I am thinking the last day of April has gone out like the "Lamb", with maybe May coming in like a "Lion", by the looks of those clouds.  Let's hope my predication is wrong by checking in with the Old Farmer's Almanac.

Sunday:
Cloudy with occasional rain showers. High 61F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Sunday night:
Cloudy skies early, then off and on rain showers overnight. Low around 40F. WSW winds at 10 to 20 mph, diminishing to 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

....and comparing it with my usual Wiarton Airport.

Today:

Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers. Wind south 30 km/h. High 16. UV index 3 or moderate.

Tonight:

Cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this evening. Showers beginning after midnight. Wind south 30 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low plus 4.

Now with these two comparisons at hand, I am pretty sure my predication of rain is looking pretty accurate for the 1st of May 2011.

Since we had a very busy day yesterday with Cousins dropping in to see "puppies", the one male red tricolour "puppy" being the one Erin had chosen through an emailed photo, and a trip into the big "City of Owen Sound" to do a bit of shopping (puppy and dog food staples being the number one purchases), there is things that could be done around here today, should we be bound to stay inside by the predicated rain.

Speaking of being so busy yesterday, by the time we got home from Owen Sound shopping, it was pretty late in the day to even think about starting up the BBQ for burgers.

After the puppies were fed, Lexus and Bandit attended to, and the shopping purchases all put away, I heated Mother up some leftovers and whipped Rob and I up an Omelet (too bad Mom doesn't like Omelets, as she doesn't know what she is missing out on, since she only likes fried eggs "hard cooked" with "NO" veggies cooked in them).

I am a "big" fan of omelets since they are easy to make and can have an endless possibility of "fillings" if you so choose.  Since my favorite fillings are mushrooms, ham, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, or cheese, one or more of these are usually in an omelet I make for Rob and myself. 

Ham & cooked mushrooms added:


Folded together and topped with shredded cheddar cheese:


Voila !!!  The "Kitchen Cat" and myself (and Rob) have an "Omelet":


Served along with sliced tomatoes and "Dempster's" Light Rye bread slightly toasted.

I can remember many years ago, probably around 32 years to be more exact, when I was living in Kitchener, one of my childhood girlfriends, Ruth Anne Reading, came to visit me for a weekend and showed my how to cook an Omelet (as I really loved Omelets and still do).  For those of us who have never made an omelet, I have found a wonderful "How To" website:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-an-Omelette

This website even provides a "How To Video".  I certainly did not have these tools on hand to use 32 years ago !!!  I think it is "wonderful" for anything I might now want to know "How To".

After supper was finished up with and the kitchen cleaned up, I was able to have coffee, post some recipe information on "Tammy & Cindy's Recipe Exhange" on Facebook, have a "chat" on the phone with a couple of friends, then snuggle under my comforter to watch the last of some "Royal Wedding"  coverage on TV. 

Should anybody have missed any of the Royal Wedding's Highlights, not to worry as has all been done on a video via the Internet and provided by MSN, as well as many others  (patiently let the mini advertising play itself out first):

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/royal-wedding-highlights/16a12cdwt?from=en-ca-hpquad

You can certainly not say there has been a "lack of media coverage" for this history making event.  Poor William and Kate, I hope they found a very secluded place away from all the media mongols.  I would think their "honeymoon" was well planned in advance to avoid the "paparazzi".

My girlfriend, Vicki, whom I was speaking with last night, was telling me about the Dr. Oz salad dressing she now uses, and how "good" it is for us.  It is very quite simple, so I might give it a "try out" sometime, as I do love "Easy & Simple".

2/3 cup of Extra Virgin Oil
1/3 cup of Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp. Dijon Mustard

Mix it all together and drizzle over your salad fixings.  Can't be any more "easier or simpler" then that.

I also had to ask Vicki, again, the difference of "Extra Virgin" and just plain old Olive Oil.  Apparently "Extra Virgin" is used for salads, and the plain old "Olive Oil" is just suitable for cooking.  There a little "Wit & Wisdom" from my friend, Vicki !!!  Thanks Vicki!

I received one more name suggestion for my "Nameless Kitchen Cat", that being "Sir Snacks Alot".  So far "IKE", aka "I Know Everything", has taken the lead with 3 votes.

I know there are some people who do follow my "blog", however are not listed as a "Follower"; in turn they are not able to leave a "comment", should they wish to do so from time to time.  I received a comment on Facebook, just this past week, on how much my "blog" and "recipes" was being enjoyed by one person (thanks Sheree), and three comments via my email address (thanks Jessica, Dianne & Elsie).  I really do enjoy hearing people's feedback on my "Blog", as it really makes my day....and I do appreciate hearing from people, since I am such a "social butterfly" or so my husband, Rob thinks.

I also appreciate knowing people enjoy my "sense of humor", along with all my spelling and grammar mistakes !!!  LOL

For those who have not joined as a "follower", and would like to contact me from time to time, I have setup an email address for my "blog", as follows:

justnorthofwiarton@live.ca

I would welcome and look forward to old or new friendships anytime, along with any comments you might have.  No "hecklers" need respond..... so Rob or Paul, please don't be giving "me" a hard time or all that "good cooking" & "making of treats" will just have to come to an end !!!

Now hopefully my biggest decision for the day will only be, What to make for Sunday dinner?, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy everything you have on your "blog"sissy dear and I think 'Ike" is a good name for that sly looking cat on your counter top,LOL !!!!I wish I could change places with him but then there would'nt be room for anything else on the counter...........HAGD... love you !!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...