Wednesday 30 March 2011

March Is Going Out Like A Lamb........

March 2011 wasn't a very good Month for me.  Just little things like turning another year older, buying a different vehicle that just didn't work out the way I was hoping, and then ending up being sick for a week.  LOL, I sure hope that is my three events all over with for the rest of 2011.

In between, from what I thought weren't the greatest, I had a lot of great moments which are the ones we need to focus on.  I had Aiden for a whole week, there were puppies born, I have had lots of great interaction with family and friends, and I did start this 'blog'.  Lots of really good things that overpower the few rotten apples in between.

My day started off really good today when I opened an email from a dear friend, who had sent me a Youtube clip, while watching I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face.  Now that is a great way to start off one's day:

 
This is clean,so not to be frightened off by the word "naked".
 
I must also admit, even though I felt I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, I did manage to accomplish a few things I had set out to do yesterday.  I cleaned my bedroom, folded two loads of laundry, and really cleaned the upstairs bathroom.  Rob's bathroom downstairs needs done, but I get scared to go into there at times and have to "will" myself to do it, lol.  I also went to have coffee with my girlfriend and made a pork chop dinner.  Whew....and you would think after all of that I would have slept all night!
 
Still in the back of my mind I am still thinking the nice weather will be arriving and I will want to be out in the gardens, so I had better get this Spring Cleaning business out of the way before that happens, or Spring cleaning in my household will be renamed "Fall/Winter Cleaning" which has been known to happen before.
 
Speaking of pork chops, I have a very good Marinade I have used for years for either pork or beef:
 
1/4 cup oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
 
Marinade either overnight or from first thing in the morning.  The marinade I use for chicken is Kraft's Zesty Italian.  Both I find are very good & add flavor to the meat after being on the BBQ.
 
I did ask Rob if he would BBQ last night, but I was told it was too cold.  Hummp to that, before I know it, it will be too hot!  LOL.
 
I actually think March is going to go out like a Lamb, since the sun has been shining these past few days, and flurries have not arrived here in my part of Ontario. 
 

Today:

Sunny. Increasing cloudiness this afternoon. High 6. UV index 4 or moderate.
 

Tonight:

Cloudy. Low minus 2.
 

The weather for the day isn't looking too bad.

I was thinking about doing the new Layered Lemon Dessert yesterday from the new Spring Kraft What's Cooking Magazine, but ran out of time (my intentions are always good).  However I had taken the cream cheese out of the freezer, so I think I will earmark that for tomorrow's agenda.  That way if the puppies have any visitors, I will have something to offer them should they also want to visit with us and have a coffee.

I suppose I should tear myself away, now that I have finished my first cup of coffee, and think about getting on with my day.  There are still a few more everyday chores to be done before I restart that dirty word cleaning again (Spring).

Off and running with sunshine coming through my windowpanes........Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...